SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY DINNER at WINTER RANGE....

Ghost, SASS #50125

This is the TV Press Release I will be sending to each of the above stations. You may wish to make a follow-up call to your favorite station.

"Winter Range Cowboy Action Shooting is celebrating the Centennial Anniversary of Arizona Statehood at Ben Avery Shooting Complex, February 20-26th, with 800 contestants from all over the world.

The SASS (Single Action Shooting Society) Category of CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL is honoring the CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL SHOOTIST of the Year at the Classic Cowboy Dinner being held at the Buffalo Chip Bar and Restaurant, 6811 E.Cave Creek Rd. 480-488-9118, February 22nd at 6pm.

The Buffalo Chip is hosting more than 60 fully costume-dressed cowboys and cowgirls for dinner and the award presentation. One cowboy and one cowgirl, selected from entrees of SASS members (90,000+) will recieve and exclusive belt buckle award for SHOOTIST OF 2011.

We hope you may be interested in a short live coverage at the Buffalo Chip.

Thanks,

Tray Golden

713-542-2657 "

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ghost,

Please add Amber Ale and Garrison Joe to the list for the CC dinner, too.

Thanks, and good luck, GJ

Ghost,

Please add Amber Ale and Garrison Joe to the list for the CC dinner, too.

Thanks, and good luck, GJ

Ya got it Partner!

Ghost

Ghost,

Good News, Lefty Henderson & Hatchet Molly will be attending the dinner, please add their names to the guest list.

Festivities start in just over a week away

TB

Ghost,

Good News, Lefty Henderson & Hatchet Molly will be attending the dinner, please add their names to the guest list.

Festivities start in just over a week away

TB

Glad Lefty and Molly could make it. We're gonna have a grand ol' time! Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls and friends!!!

Ghost

Ghost sure I was gona be there. Yall have a grand time. See ya back in Texas. I'll be at WR next year.

Scout

We'll miss ya Partner.

Let me know how TSRA turns out.

Take care.

Ghost

Ghost,

Shot with a couple of new pards from Wasilla, AK at our local match this past Sunday, well, they would like to join us at the Classic Cowboy dinner, please add Marshal Stone & Tripod to the guest list. Yahoo, I think were at 70 cowboys and cowgirls.

TB

Ghost, could you please add Omaha John and Patty to our list of guests??? Thanks in advance T-Bone

Be delighted to!

Ghost,

Shot with a couple of new pards from Wasilla, AZ at our local match this past Sunday, well, they would like to join us at the Classic Cowboy dinner, please add Marshal Stone & Tripod to the guest list. Yahoo, I think were at 70 cowboys and cowgirls.

TB

My pleasure!

Them new folks, Marshal Stone and Tripod are from Wasilla, Alaska not Arizona, anyhow they know Sara P.

TB

Howdy Ghost,

Put Badge Pusher and Kissin Kate down if there's any room left.

Thanks,

Ya'll are on the list! BUT....TB, is there a limit as to what the restaurant can handle?

Ghost

Heck no,,, we will sit outside on the doorsteps and harass the natives as they walk in.... Then we will have plenty of room. Maybe call in a bomb threat or 3 alarm fire fire out in the desert. OR maybe ?????Got me to thinking Ghost...Disregard my post ,,,you were not even talking to me. I'll be there early and leave late or when it's over.. I regret to tell everyone I have hurt my left elbow pretty bad this past week and not healing well at all.. I first thought it was Gout,,,but in my elbow????? Then I thought Sheryl must have hit me with a frying pan while I was sleeping or maybe it happened when I got throw-ed from the horse a year or two back.... I gotta go sign up for rehab, being retired then going back to work--- I need a break.. Whew''''''Thanks for asking Ghost......

Buffalo Chip could handle up to 100+ guests, I would like to give Dave a rough head count on Friday this week sos he will have enough vittles and adult beverages on hand for us.

Hey T-Bone, that elbow ain't gona affect your shotgun techniques is it? I was hopping to get some speed lessons from ya at Winter Range.

TB

Buffalo Chip could handle up to 100+ guests, I would like to give Dave a rough head count on Friday this week sos he will have enough vittles and adult beverages on hand for us.

Hey T-Bone, that elbow ain't gona affect your shotgun techniques is it? I was hopping to get some speed lessons from ya at Winter Range.

TB

TB, that's good to know about the number of guest the Buffalo Chip can handle. I will continue posting cowboy names on the list thru Thursday nite. We will be leaving early Friday morning for WR. I will update the list Sunday when I get to WR.

We can depend on T-Bone to handle any of the natives. :)

TB, don't worry about T-Bone. Why, I seen the time he would drink a half gallon o' cool-aid, eat a 32 oz steak, and finish it all off with a half gallon of Blue Ice Cream and still beat any one shootin' two-handed while ridin' a hoss!!! ;)

Ghost

Ghost, please add the Judge and Kate to the list. Also, this is a large crowd, has anyone talked witht the owner/mgr about getting menus out to us so that we could pre order our food? We do that at my resturant for large crowds and it makes life much easier. Just a thought.

Ghost, please add the Judge and Kate to the list. Also, this is a large crowd, has anyone talked witht the owner/mgr about getting menus out to us so that we could pre order our food? We do that at my resturant for large crowds and it makes life much easier. Just a thought.

WOW!!! the JUDGE (SASS #1) and his beautiful wife, Katy! Shotglass, you bet I'll add them to the List!

Good ideal about pre-ordering. What about it TB?

Ghost

Their menu IS on-line, at this location:

Menu

If the owners wanted to plan ahead, we could all provide our choices ahead of time.

Good luck, GJ (who already knows what he wants)

Ghost, please add Hey You and myself to the list, we will see you there!

Waterloo

You got it Partner, but take it easy on the ol' man. :)

Their menu IS on-line, at this location:

Menu

If the owners wanted to plan ahead, we could all provide our choices ahead of time.

Good luck, GJ (who already knows what he wants)

Thanks GJ for the link. See ya in a few days.

Ghost, send me your email address and I can send you the spreadsheet we use at the resturant. Or you can everyone send me what they want and I'll take care of the spreadsheet......

Glass

Ghost,

Well at our regular Thursday morning cowboy breakfast, two more pards said they didn't want to miss the social event of WR 2012, soooo, please add Iron Dog and Dueling Donna to the guest list.

TB

Ghost,

Well at our regular Thursday morning cowboy breakfast, two more pards said they didn't want to miss the social event of WR 2012, soooo, please add Iron Dog and Dueling Donna to the guest list.

TB

Welcome!!

Also TB, just heard from Solicitor General. He and his son will there.

Ghost, send me your email address and I can send you the spreadsheet we use at the resturant. Or you can everyone send me what they want and I'll take care of the spreadsheet......

Glass

Shotglass, thanks so much for your offer. Let me check with Turquoise Bill. He is in touch with the owner.

Mad Dog McCoy, Doc O'Bay and I would love to join you!

See ya at the BC.

Just saw Talkalot and Talkalittle at Ben Avery today.... put them down!

Please add Hand-a-chief to the Classic Cowboy dinner guest list.

Spent the last two days down at WR helping with set-up.

See ya next week at WR,

TB

Just saw Talkalot and Talkalittle at Ben Avery today.... put them down!

Ya got it Partner.

Arrived at WR today.

Ghost

Ghost - Please add my name to the list for the Classic Cowboy Dinner. I'll be coming with Bandera Kid and Bison Jim. Thanks,

General Burleson

See ya at the Buffalo Chip General Burleson.

Archived