SASS Wire Forum

TV Programing

Noz

Has anyone else noticed the satellite programing bringing us shows telling us how wrong we are about Islam and how out thinking should be modified?

I have become more aware since 9/11/01. When ever I see someone dressed in the burka now, I immediately check on my concealed weapon and locate all of the exits from the building I am in.

Has anyone else noticed the satellite programing bringing us shows telling us how wrong we are about Islam and how out thinking should be modified?

I have become more aware since 9/11/01. When ever I see someone dressed in the burka now, I immediately check on my concealed weapon and locate all of the exits from the building I am in.

The same as me, Check my 1911 45auto, glance around for the exits.

We got rabbit ears, not cable...but the stations telling me not to think bad about Islam and Mormanism is done right wrong !!

Burka? Or hijab? I don't think I have ever seen anyone in a burka here. And only a moderate number wearing a hijab. And only some of those were Muslim.

What would you think of this group?

Or her?

Or These Two?

Those are all Orthodox Christian nuns. After Sept. 2001, one nun in Santa Rosa, CA took to wearing a large badge saying "Christian Nun" to keep from being harassed when she had to go out into the world. And many of the more traditional Orthodox women habitually wear a head scarf similar to a hijab.

I agree that we are being fed a bill of goods about the mohammedean religion, which has been at war with the rest of the world since roughly A.D. 700, but let's check our paranoia about how people dress at the door.

...but the stations telling me not to think bad about Islam and Mormanism is done right wrong !!

I'll have to take exception with you on Mormons. Some of the finest folks I know are Mormons.^_^

You mean these aren't Klansmen?

And +1 to Okie on the Mormons. Some of them are screwy, but so are some Baptists (right, Mr. Phelps?).

Looks like the Norwegian Inquisition. :lol:

Add another plus to Okies comment on how the media presents the Mormons. All that I have known have been great people. I think the theology is a bit off, but no doubt many would say that about the one I follow.

Looks like the Norwegian Inquisition. :lol:

Add another plus to Okies comment on how the media presents the Mormons. All that I have known have been great people. I think the theology is a bit off, but no doubt many would say that about the one I follow.

Marie Osmond is a Mormon. :blush: That's all I need to know.

PS Those are Spanish Catholics participating in the Festival of hmmmbsrgl... yeah. Those hoods were being used for centuries before Gen Forrest was born.

I'll also add that not everybody who wears a turban is a Muslim, Sikhs wear turbans too and they have been enemies of the Muslims since before we were a country.

On edit: I don't watch broadcast or cable TV anymore.

However it is disappointing to see history begin to repeat itself again. It wasn't too long ago that ten's of thousands of American citizens had their property taken away without compensation and were herded off to relocation camps based simply on their race. As it happens some of those same citizens volunteered to serve and went on to become the most decorated combat unit of it's size in American history. I am referring to the 442 Regimental Combat Team.

EVERY religion has it's fanatics, I'll refer you to the Spanish Inquisition or the Westboro Baptist Church for two examples of people using the Christian religion to justify their behavior.

Or maybe this example, as a gun owner, we have been demonized by the American media for decades now, simply because of our interests and beliefs.

Just as all Christians are not the Westboro Baptist Church, not all Muslims are violent, religious fanatics.

Burka? Or hijab? I don't think I have ever seen anyone in a burka here. And only a moderate number wearing a hijab. And only some of those were Muslim.

What would you think of this group?

Or her?

Or These Two?

Those are all Orthodox Christian nuns. After Sept. 2001, one nun in Santa Rosa, CA took to wearing a large badge saying "Christian Nun" to keep from being harassed when she had to go out into the world. And many of the more traditional Orthodox women habitually wear a head scarf similar to a hijab.

I agree that we are being fed a bill of goods about the mohammedean religion, which has been at war with the rest of the world since roughly A.D. 700, but let's check our paranoia about how people dress at the door.

I am a simple country boy. I have never been to any of the muslim strongholds and do not intend to go.

As a result I will react to someone in the nuns habits as shown in a negative fashion.

Why should it be my responsibility to winnow the wheat from the chaff.

Using your logic, I should be able to wear my Nazi uniform anywhere I like and everyone should automatically assume that I am really a good guy, maybe a trifle misguided but still a good guy.

Wear the "Christian Nun" sign if necessary.

I am a simple country boy. I have never been to any of the muslim strongholds and do not intend to go.

As a result I will react to someone in the nuns habits as shown in a negative fashion.

Why should it be my responsibility to winnow the wheat from the chaff.

Using your logic, I should be able to wear my Nazi uniform anywhere I like and everyone should automatically assume that I am really a good guy, maybe a trifle misguided but still a good guy.

Wear the "Christian Nun" sign if necessary.

Is this a serious post? Are you really making this analogy? Lots of non-muslim women around the world wear headcoverings. Who, other than a Nazi, wears a Nazi uniform?

It's a free society, but may I ask why you have a Nazi uniform?

Beware letting emotion trump education and analysis of a complex situation.

... analysis of a complex situation.

Silly wabbit, you realize this is the Saloon, no? We get our exercise by jumping to conclusions, running down our friends, sidestepping responsibility, and pushing our luck. :lol:

Silly wabbit, you realize this is the Saloon, no? We get our exercise by jumping to conclusions, running down our friends, sidestepping responsibility, and pushing our luck. :lol:

You NAZI!

:lol: :lol:

Mmmmmm...Marie Osmond. :D

Ohhh, YEAH!! :wub:

Mebbe it's on account of I'm older meself, but I think she looks better now (or at least as good) as she ever did! :D

"No beer for you... TWO WEEKS...!!!" (To paraphrase the "Beer" Nazi)... And Marie Osmond is still a babe... plain and simple...

Vaya con Dios

Archived