SASS Wire Forum

Grandkids first match

Bulldog Brown

Took two of my Grandson to a monthly match at Capital City Cowboys (Topeka,Ks.) this sunday, It was so much fun to watch them, one 10, the 12,the comp. between then was great, all the cowboy there were very helpfull. The only was the pressure on Grandpa was pretty heavy, the 10yr. beat me on one stage at a match last month and no one let me forget it. It is so great to see the next generation getting into our sport. Just wanted to pass my feeling along, and to let you all know how proud I am of my Grandson. Bulldog Brown

YOU GUYS ARE BOTH IN FOR IT BIG TIME!!!!!

Lots of gun buying

Lots of practice

Lots of listening to them tease you because they beat you

Lots of pride

Lots of memories

And most of all.....

LOTS OF FUN!!!!!

Best wishes

Colt

Congratulations Bulldog!

I'm so happy for you. Your future fun with your sons is going to be great. Just ask Colt. ;)

Regards,

Allie "who was grumpy but now feels better after reading your post" Mo

Allie, go back to the Saloon, I had bottles set you up with a double on my tab. :D

Congrats Bulldog,

I have 5 grandkids, 2 cowboys and 3 cowgirls. The oldest boy is 7 and his brother is 5, the girls are 5, 3 and 2. 2 is probably too young, right? :rolleyes:

How old is old enough? The boys have been out to see me shoot once, other than that they haven't been around guns at all, their parents aren't either. I started only 2 years ago myself. How do I get'em started?

Frenchy

Congrats Bulldog,

I have 5 grandkids, 2 cowboys and 3 cowgirls. The oldest boy is 7 and his brother is 5, the girls are 5, 3 and 2. 2 is probably too young, right? :rolleyes:

How old is old enough? The boys have been out to see me shoot once, other than that they haven't been around guns at all, their parents aren't either. I started only 2 years ago myself. How do I get'em started?

Frenchy

Rattlesnake started when he was only 5 years old

Rattlesnake started when he was only 5 years old

How did you get him started?

Frenchy

Congrats on the new shooting partners. My 7yo daughter just started shooting with me some this past summer. She only shoots the pistols most of the matches though. Shes still struggling some with the Henry 22, gets a little heavy for her to hold up for 10shots. But, shes having a blast. She doesnt shoot all the matches...just when she feels like it and doesnt have anything else going on. In my world...she would shoot every match, but thats my dream, not hers. SO...just let them shoot when they want.

We spent many hours dry firing, practicing drawing and holstering safely. She spent more time doing that than she has spent shooting so far...lol

How did you get him started?

Frenchy

Gave him some guns and said go shoot those steel targets. Lol!!!!

He shot his first match at the SW Regional Showdown at Buckcreek. He didn't shoot a shotgun so he took 4 misses on each stage. He had a Henry youth model that was cut down so far it almost looked like a Mares Leg. I was always right there with him and after about the 5th round his rifle would get heavy so I would support it while he aimed. His pistols never were a problem with weight. Later on we made a class for him and others called Lil Buckaroo at the Texas State match. When the regional went to Bar 3 it became the Chipmonk class. He started shooting a 12 gauge when he was 9. He never shot a 410 or 20.

Archived