SASS Wire Forum

Agenda item #4

PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L

The proposed change, allows the ladies to create bold, glitzy, outfits representing the BW era..

All the examples given, and suggestions,(as writen and suggested in the Chronicle) do not come from, nor represent "B" western movie heroines, or even those depicted in "B" western as extras, or in the background of a "B" western. At present, the rules allow bold, glitzy outfits. Be surprised at some of the great looking shirts, pants, skirts, and boots, I've seen "B" western ladies wear, and would and could be found in "B" westerns. Check out some of the great shirts and skirt Dale Evans wore in the "B" pictures.

Why is this even being suggested, or proposed for "B" western category, when what is being proposed, can be worn in other categories? Its not outlawed. But why put it into "B" category? At present the ladies have choices in the guidelines of "B" western to make some great outfits, plus they don't need to wear spurs.

MT

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please show me in the handbook how pearl snaps on your shirt does away with the one other item requirement.

You must choose at least one or more of the following optional items: gloves or gauntlets,

scarves with slides or tied around the neck, coat, vest, chaps or cuffs.

You are correct. If you wear a vest the other items are optional.

. . .

Why is this even being suggested, or proposed for "B" western category, when what is being proposed, can be worn in other categories? Its not outlawed. But why put it into "B" category? At present the ladies have choices in the guidelines of "B" western to make some great outfits, plus they don't need to wear spurs.

MT

Which brings me back to the question I asked. Since all that is legal in other categories, why do we have a B Western category?

NO,NO,NO,NO,NO

Did I say NO !!!! If you as a shooter dont like the class restrictions set forth by that class then DONT shoot it, its just that simple. The B-Western Class shooter stands out from the rest of the other shooting categorys because of its flashy "Bling" attire. The dress and the guns is what makes up the B-Western. Classic and B-western are the only two categorys left with the clothing requirments and to us that's why we shoot them, if we did not like the dress or the guns then we would shoot one of the other thirty something categorys. I would like to know if a Lady B-Western shooter proposed this change or did a NON-B-WESTERN shooter???? We need some response from some premier Lady B-Western shooters please!!!!!!!!!

Slick

Which brings me back to the question I asked. Since all that is legal in other categories, why do we have a B Western category?

"B" western has a restriction on long guns allowed, and besides Gunfighter, the only category in which you can have 2 loaded pistols in hand. Kinda unique and gives a lot of leeway in stage approach. MT

NO,NO,NO,NO,NO

Did I say NO !!!! If you as a shooter dont like the class restrictions set forth by that class then DONT shoot it, its just that simple. The B-Western Class shooter stands out from the rest of the other shooting categorys because of its flashy "Bling" attire. The dress and the guns is what makes up the B-Western. Classic and B-western are the only two categorys left with the clothing requirments and to us that's why we shoot them, if we did not like the dress or the guns then we would shoot one of the other thirty something categorys. I would like to know if a Lady B-Western shooter proposed this change or did a NON-B-WESTERN shooter???? We need some response from some premier Lady B-Western shooters please!!!!!!!!!

Slick

Thank you Slick.

Don't know if the wife is a premier LBW shooter.

But she is 2011 Texas State Champ LBW.

And feels the same. Leave it alone.

And it was proposed by a non-BW shooter.

Thank you Slick.

Don't know if the wife is a premier LBW shooter.

But she is 2011 Texas State Champ LBW.

And feels the same. Leave it alone.

And it was proposed by a non-BW shooter.

Al,

Your lovely wife is always premier in my book !!!!! And I kinda figured it was proposed by a NON- BW Shooter ;)

Slick

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy All,

In case you haven't noticed, the Convention, and thus the TG Summit, is only 4 Weeks Away!

If you have not made the effort to do so, contact your TG and let them know your opinion on the five agenda items being voted on this year. All of the TG's I know vote the way thier club members want them to, regardless of their personal opinions on the items. Unfortunately many club members fail to let their TG's know what they want and then are unhappy with the results. Do your part and Vote!

This is a Non-Paid, Non-Political, Announcement,

Dogmeat Dad

P.S. A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE TG's FOR THEIR HARD WORK!

"B" western has a restriction on long guns allowed, and besides Gunfighter, the only category in which you can have 2 loaded pistols in hand. Kinda unique and gives a lot of leeway in stage approach. MT

That's why I shoot in "B" Western category most of the time. It's about the guns and the variable shooting style. Clothes should be optional! :lol:

Archived