SASS Wire Forum

World War Vietnam?

Utah Bob #35998

I keep an eye out for odd military collectables around the web. I noticed this on Ebay. Thought it might go with my captured Cambodian chopsticks. I lost the cup and rice bowl somewhere. I'm thinking maybe a little table setting with a picture of Uncle Ho. Then I noticed the seller is in China.

Then I noticed his "Vietnam" graphic is the Band of Brothers photo. :blink::wacko:

I guess all pics of Amelican GIs look alike if you're Chinese. :lol: :lol: :FlagAm:

I guess all pics of Amelican GIs look alike if you're Chinese. :lol: :lol: :FlagAm:

You velly velly funny, Yankee boy. You rikee lice bowl, Joe?? I sell you good plice!" :lol:

There is so much fake stuff for sale on e-bay, and suckers are bidding on them. Whats really bad is the German WW2 stuff that is being reproduced, or selling badges, insignias that never were. Many USAAF insignias, patches are also repros. Newly made Chinese M4 bayonets, advertised as WW2 items. Helemts from the 50s and 60s, sold as WW2. Unless you know your stuff and seller, beware. MT

There is so much fake stuff for sale on e-bay, and suckers are bidding on them. Whats really bad is the German WW2 stuff that is being reproduced, or selling badges, insignias that never were. Many USAAF insignias, patches are also repros. Newly made Chinese M4 bayonets, advertised as WW2 items. Helemts from the 50s and 60s, sold as WW2. Unless you know your stuff and seller, beware. MT

yup

I also found two or three items advertised a Vietnam era stuff that were in fact WWII items. I always contact the seller and clue them in on what they actually have in those cases.

The Goodwill auction site is another that's really bad about inaccuracies listing militaria, but it's a volunteer organization I try to help them out occasionally. Sometimes they change there listings. Sometimes they ignore me.

I also found two or three items advertised a Vietnam era stuff that were in fact WWII items. I always contact the seller and clue them in on what they actually have in those cases.

The Goodwill auction site is another that's really bad about inaccuracies listing militaria, but it's a volunteer organization I try to help them out occasionally. Sometimes they change there listings. Sometimes they ignore me.

I try to do the same, many are really clueless. Local Hospice had a flight helmet, leather with goggles, and avionics attached,throat mike, and evn oxygen mask and hose. Advertised as WW2 USAAF. I asked to inspect closer, they were in locked glass case behind counter. Turned out they were original complete WW2 winter Luftwaffe flight equipment. The original label had been rolled into the fleece lining. A item they were selling for 275.00, was now worth over 750.00. Given to them by a widow of a WW2 veteran. They asked if I wanted it, they wanted 275.00, original price, they settled for 550.00, wouldn't take more. They have asked me several times to come check items out for them since. MT

added fun, check out the M4 bayonets and see how many black plastic grips, which weren't made till 1954, are advertised as WW2 M4s

Lucy's Tiger Den on Suriwong Road in Bangkok.....

If anyone is ever in doubt, post it here, and Utah Bob who is very knowledgeable in firearms, and war relics, will be helpful. Collecting WW2, Korean, and Vietnam items can be a very enjoyable hobby. MT

I suppose it takes a war relic to know a war relic. :ph34r:

I suppose it takes a war relic to know a war relic. :ph34r:

That's right. In fact I was......HEY WAIT A MINUTE!! :unsure: :unsure:

I once found a civil war cannon ball in an antique shop tagged at $35. I took it to the owner and showed him the "8" stamped in it.

High school 8lb. shot put.

TF

Reminds me of the time I was at an antique swap meet, found a "Pony Boy" six shooter cap gun for $45 and asked the dealer about it. She said it was "OLD" and collectable. I told her I see them for sale at Knotts Berry Farm for $4.50 new in the package.

Maybe I should buy a dozen of them, take out of package, bury in backyard for 2-3 months, and sell for 10 times. Just sayin'

Big Jake

A local hardware store had a crockery dish full of antique marbles by the cash register. He would have tourists come in and very sneakily try to buy the "antique crock". He would unwillingly give in and sell the crock complaining that he would have no place to put his marbles. When the joyful tourists left, knowing they had put one over on the hillbilly, he would step into his back room and get another crock out to put the marbles in. When the supply ran out he would call the local rabbitry and order another box full of rabbit water dishes.

Archived