SASS Wire Forum

Pidersoli lightning

My "dumb" brain cells have fared up and I want a lightning rifle in 44-40.

I have heard that the Pidersoli works perty good.

Also wondering if a 357 would be any better than the 44-40?

Anyone want to chime in?

Thanks

Reuben

Word is that the Pedersoli made version is the pick of the litter. They made some changes to the internals that seem to promote reliable function. However, the Pedersoli can not be slam fired like the others. At least that's what I have been told. -_-

Hope I spelled it right. ;)

I own and shoot one and agree with evrything said so far.

The only negative I would report is that the improvements made for better functionality do appear to cause a greater loss of fired cases by throwing them forward.

I have a Pedersoli in 44/40 that worked perfectly right out of the box. I also have an older AWA in 44/40 that took some work to make it run but works well now. It's my understanding that the current AWA's also work right from the box.

Willy B'

I have a Pedersoli in 44/40 that worked perfectly right out of the box. I also have an older AWA in 44/40 that took some work to make it run but works well now. It's my understanding that the current AWA's also work right from the box.

Willy B'

I also have an AWA, right out of the box, .45 Colt. Works like a charm.

The only negative I would report is that the improvements made for better functionality do appear to cause a greater loss of fired cases by throwing them forward.

I have a Pedersoli in 45LC and love it. My spent cases are thrown straight up and often hit the receiver on the way down, so it must be an individual thing.

I have a Pedersoli in 45LC and love it. My spent cases are thrown straight up and often hit the receiver on the way down, so it must be an individual thing.

Good input. I don't know anyone else that shoots one, so it could be a personal thing.

I have a Pedersoli in 44/40 as well. Shoots like a dream right outta the box. Most of my brass ejects straight up as well. The only problem I have with it is that Miss Cubbie keeps try to claim it!!

Gunstock Smith

I have one in 45 Colt, and have been using it since they come out. Good gun, even with black powder. Wish I had the 44-40 though due to the blowback.

Mine ejects cases back onto my hat most of the time.

DM

Archived