SASS Wire Forum

BBQ RULES

BBQ RULES

We have entered the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity. When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...

(1) The woman buys the food.

(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables and makes dessert.

(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - drink in hand.

(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:

(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine...

(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another drink while he flips the meat.

Important again:

(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine...

(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauce and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:

(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed her 'night off,' and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

It's been a long time coming! Got my ribs marinating now. :wub:

I believe it was posted on May 20 so things could have changed

a bit. As of yesterday the road was still snowed in and remained closed. Like a lot of things in the mountains

Memorial Day is the target to getting facilities up and running for the summer. They certainly didn’t make it

this year.

This is the photos and videos from the snow removal on TRAIL RIDGE.

https://picasaweb.google.com/117855704395016629211/HeavySnowsDelayTrailRidgeRoadOpeningForMemorialDayWeekend?authkey=Gv1sRgCI_estrBtJ2LuQE&feat=directlink

There are storm clouds looming at the Badger Household. On a recent trip to Costco, a large quantity of COUNTRY RIBS was purchased. Upon arrival at home. Mrs. Badger announced that SHE was going to prepare them for human consumption.

The rag is that Badger had planned on cooking them in his Special sauce and then burning them to to a dark color on his grill. In order for Badger to do this, he would need to marinade them for at least 24 hours in a concoction of his own making. Momma will not do that. It is doubtful that she will allow him to parboil them in vinegar and water for the prescribed length of time either. So his quandary is to let her have at them and eat them in quiet submission, or to assert his male superiority and suffer in silence in the hospital? :lol:

That said, some nice BAR B Q Ribs do sound good. Yum.

There are storm clouds looming at the Badger Household. On a recent trip to Costco, a large quantity of COUNTRY RIBS was purchased. Upon arrival at home. Mrs. Badger announced that SHE was going to prepare them for human consumption.

The rag is that Badger had planned on cooking them in his Special sauce and then burning them to to a dark color on his grill. In order for Badger to do this, he would need to marinade them for at least 24 hours in a concoction of his own making. Momma will not do that. It is doubtful that she will allow him to parboil them in vinegar and water for the prescribed length of time either. So his quandary is to let her have at them and eat them in quiet submission, or to assert his male superiority and suffer in silence in the hospital? :lol:

That said, some nice BAR B Q Ribs do sound good. Yum.

Well, I guess we're a little different over here. I purchased two racks of ribs and two tri-tips as well as the secret ingredients for the water bowl for the smoker, which is MINE. HE helped ME with the rub and marinade, wrapping the meat up and placing in the fridge and clean up afterward. I prepped the smoker, got the wood soaking, got the coals going and started everything up. I sat and played with the pups while the smoker was doing it's magic. Near the end, I started soaking the corn, pulled the meat off to let it rest, put the corn on the grill and let it cook. I sliced the tri-tip and took some to the neighbors, then we sat down for dinner. Afterwords, I did all the dishes and cleaned everything up. A grand night was had by both.

P.S. I do all the work because he HATES to put that much effort into cooking of any kind. HE would much rather I do it and he helps out. Works for me.

Good luck BMC.

The grill needs to be cleaned?

Huh! :blink:

Yeah...you take your acetylene torch, put on your #15 rosebud tip, and burn off the crud from last year. Once you have it to a yellow heat, you can turn off the torch (or use it to get the charcoal going). When the grill has cooled to below cherry red, bang it on the ground a few times to knock the scale off of it.

In a fitting tribute to those who gave all we dedicate our dinner of grilled Porterhouse steaks, and husk-on grilled sweet corn along with a toast to them by lifting our glasses of Pinot Noir.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Lady Hawk agrees wif dat statement !!!

HOWEVER.........I cook outside, on a open fire....not grill....ALL THE TIME !!!!

(or at least when da weather allows )

All I ask her to do, is git da things I requested.

And a bottle of "Bulliet" is always on dat list, but dat is da one thing she always forgitts !!!

W-H-Y ??? :unsure:

26 and 5 inches of new snow this morning, warmed up to 31. I was supposed to ride with the Patriot Guard to honor our fallen heros at the Veterens Cemetery this morning. Couldn't make it down the mountain on two wheeels in the snow.

May God bless and watch over our warriors past and present :FlagAm:

Invited over to a neighbors' for chicken, the men drink beer and cook. The chicken had been "on" for about three hours. My neighbor cooks it very slowly and slathers it with sauce right from the get go and it don't burn.

The wives started pecking on the resident wife and her she came. The kids are getting hungry, how much longer. The neighbor replies, about two more beers worth and you can bring the first ones out any time now. Away goes the resident wife and she returns with several beers.

Soon the visiting wives are pecking again, and the resident wife comes out with a platter and says, it has to be done, we're hungry and we're eating, and she takes away the chicken. The men continue to finish the beer as you don't want to waste any.

Here comes the resident wife again, This chicken ain't done, and the neighbor responds, "I told ya" now put it back on the fire and bring us another beer--that one didn't count.

Ya just can't rush excellance!!!

FLAG IS OUT :FlagAm: (as always)

Getting the BBQ ready for burgers and will be heating up the dutch oven with some peach cobbler.

Thanks to all that gave all

My father-in-law (RIP) was with the 473rd AAA

Grandad was at Ft MacAurther as a Signal Corp instructor during WW1

TF

I'm doin the ribs. She did the tater salad. A match made in Heaven. :lol:

Archived