SASS Wire Forum

Mac Browser

Bama Red

I've been using Safari on my Mac since I got it and I'm not completely satisfied with it. Are there any other good browsers for us Mac users?

I've been using Safari on my Mac since I got it and I'm not completely satisfied with it. Are there any other good browsers for us Mac users?

The 2011 Reader's Choice Awards listed the following, Bama:

Final Vote Tally

Safari - 28%

Camino - 22%

Firefox - 21%

Chrome - 19%

Stainless - 7%

Since I maintain three web sites, I keep IE, Firefox, and Chrome on my computer, but I'm not a Mac user. I don't know anything about Camino, but I'd give Firefox a try.

Go Firefox...It seems to work better than Safari...At least it does for me...And I use a MAC Mini...

Texas Lizard

I've been using Firefox for two days now and I like it except for one feature which may take it out of the running (same with Chrome). On this and other forums I visit, after you read a thread and go back to the forum, the little icon indicating there are new posts goes away until the first post after you have read a thread. With Firefox and Chrome, the icon does not go away after reading a thread, so you cannot tell if there are any new posts on threads you have read previously. I use these forums so much, that will probably be a deal killer and keep me with Safari, unless I can figure out a patch for it.

I've been using Firefox for two days now and I like it except for one feature which may take it out of the running (same with Chrome). On this and other forums I visit, after you read a thread and go back to the forum, the little icon indicating there are new posts goes away until the first post after you have read a thread. With Firefox and Chrome, the icon does not go away after reading a thread, so you cannot tell if there are any new posts on threads you have read previously. I use these forums so much, that will probably be a deal killer and keep me with Safari, unless I can figure out a patch for it.

I don't know anything about a new post icon, but there is an icon that shows if you are watching a thread, or reply to that thread. It stays there until you click the 'Stop Watching Topic' button.

Firefox since it came out!

I don't have that problem with either my MAC at home or PC at work. Check your settings. I think you'll have to adjust them since you're using a new browser {read new software}. All your websites will treat you like you are "new" since you're using a new browser {you look different to them}.

Archived