SASS Wire Forum

IAC shotgun parts

Long Fingers, SASS#56813

I have a IAC 97 06 version that I need an action slide hook screw for. Took the gun apart tonight to clean it and the screw came out in 2 pieces, it was broke off right at the threads. Numrich has parts listed for the TTN 97, does anyone know if they will work with the IAC? Or does anyone have a source for IAC parts.

Thanks LF

I can tell you what not to do. I also broke the action hook screw on an IAC 97. I thought, "It's a Winchester 97 reproduction. A Winchester action hook screw should work." Well I ordered one. It don't work. The screws on the IAC are communist threaded. I called Coyote Cap and he put me in touch with a guy at IAC who sent me the right part. Apparently action hook screws are a common problem with those IAC 97's.

Badlands Bob

I can tell you what not to do. I also broke the action hook screw on an IAC 97. I thought, "It's a Winchester 97 reproduction. A Winchester action hook screw should work." Well I ordered one. It don't work. The screws on the IAC are communist threaded. I called Coyote Cap and he put me in touch with a guy at IAC who sent me the right part. Apparently action hook screws are a common problem with those IAC 97's.

Badlands Bob

I had an extra screw from a Winchester and found out pretty quick it would not fit. Left a message for the Pisco Gunsmithing to call me back, see if they can help.

If you still have the IAC contact info from Cap and are willing to give it out could you post it here or send me a PM.

Thanks, LF

Call PISCO Gunsmithing 1 541 396 5558.

Their service is NOT the best :rolleyes:

Cheers,

LG

It seems that everytime there is a distributor change there is a decrease in service. When marty was in charge of parts I'd get them always within 2 days. I don't here that anymore.......Doc

Call PISCO Gunsmithing 1 541 396 5558.

Their service is NOT the best :rolleyes:

Cheers,

LG

I had a somewhat different experience. I needed a new action hook screw and called Pisco Gunsmithing, other then not knowing the price off the top of his head as he was not in the warehouse, the person who answered the phone was polite and I got two action hooks for $14.56 including the shipping and they arrived 9 days after I ordered them.

Can ya post the name and number of the contact here for the rest of us, Bablands??

Marty at IAC was the guy that Coyote Cap put me on to. He was great and got me the part in a couple of days. It sounds like Marty has since been replaced by this PISCO Gunsmithing. If nothing else, you can find a screw that is threaded correctly and the right length. Chuck it up in a drill press and use a file to turn the end down to fit. Put a couple of nuts on the screw to protect the threads when you chuck it up. The nuts will also straighten out the threads after filing. I did this and it worked ok. I replaced my homemade action hook screw with the correct one when it came it. It would work till you can do better. Good Luck.

Thanks for the responses.

I called PISCO and got a answering machine. I left contact info and what part I needed. Someone called me back in about an hour and asked how they could help. I explained the problem and asked if they had the part. He said they did and they were between 3 to 4 dollars but they had a 10$ minim purchase. I said I would like 2 and he said that would be close enough to the minim and would mail them out. I was a little sceptical when I got the answering machine, I figured know one would call back and if they did they would want the gun shipped to them for service.

Overall it was a pretty painless process with friendly service, no complaints as long as the parts show within a reasonable time.

Thanks LF

Archived