SASS Wire Forum

25th anniversary ideas

Trigger Mike

Lord willing, and thanks to the new laws that say if you have children it now takes 6 months to get a divorce we will be married 25 years come April. She wants a trip but I have a preaching appointment that weekend so the trip will be local and last from Sunday afternoon to Wednesday. I offered to take her to Savannah to Paula Dean's resturant amd then to Tybee Island for a night and then up to Charleston to take the kids to see the ships and Ft Sumter. Our kids are small so they will like that kind of stuff. I want to do something else to though. Jewelry is too high these days as silver is at a multi year high. I had thought of putting together a picture book of our life together but most of our photos are not digital so to do that I would have to copy them some how as a picture, not scan though or they will be pdf. Any help is appreciated.

For our 20th Miz Grizz made me a scrapbook of pictures covering all 20 years, a very special book. For our 25th we'd hoped to take an epic trip thru Canada and into Alaska. That didn't happen, but no matter.

I just did a quick google and found a store in your town called Scrapbook Magic, a visit there might find some info on how to digitize your pictures and put them together in a book.

Lord willing, and thanks to the new laws that say if you have children it now takes 6 months to get a divorce we will be married 25 years come April. She wants a trip but I have a preaching appointment that weekend so the trip will be local and last from Sunday afternoon to Wednesday. I offered to take her to Savannah to Paula Dean's resturant amd then to Tybee Island for a night and then up to Charleston to take the kids to see the ships and Ft Sumter. Our kids are small so they will like that kind of stuff. I want to do something else to though. Jewelry is too high these days as silver is at a multi year high. I had thought of putting together a picture book of our life together but most of our photos are not digital so to do that I would have to copy them some how as a picture, not scan though or they will be pdf. Any help is appreciated.

Okay.. so here you have it from a chick... propose to her all over again.. and let you kids in on it.. lol. All the photos, and trips are cool, and it is nice to have the family time.. but girls like romance too. Romance does not cost, it doesn't have to be the beach, or a cruise.... Romance can be a evening at home together just talking and holding on to each other. Life moves so fast, we forget the little things so often that really bind us together. I can not tell you the number of times guys give stuff instead of the real thing, themselves and time. So, the photos are cool, a walk down memory lane is nice, but your voice telling her the story in her ear, and laughter are the best things in life to her... Have fun...

Trigger Mike, on a more serious note, if you are familiar with the concept of love languages, and know what hers are, direct your thinking along those lines.

Grizzes i am vacating the premises here with that one.. lol

BUY HER GUNS! BUY HER GUNS!

:D

I thought of that but she never shoots the gun I bought her for defense years ago. I finally sold one of them, I even had my police chiefs wife teach her to shoot. I constantly offer to buy her a set of cowboy guns but get no reply. HEY! The CMP is selling a WW2 sniper rifle(M1C) for $3,000, maybe I could buy her that! :lol:

Okay.. so here you have it from a chick... propose to her all over again.. and let you kids in on it.. lol. All the photos, and trips are cool, and it is nice to have the family time.. but girls like romance too. Romance does not cost, it doesn't have to be the beach, or a cruise.... Romance can be a evening at home together just talking and holding on to each other. Life moves so fast, we forget the little things so often that really bind us together. I can not tell you the number of times guys give stuff instead of the real thing, themselves and time. So, the photos are cool, a walk down memory lane is nice, but your voice telling her the story in her ear, and laughter are the best things in life to her... Have fun...

that might be a good idea. she kiddingly mentioned us renewing our vows, to do that I'd have to propese again, wouldn't I? The restaurant we ate it the night I proposed is long closed, but the mall we went to afterwards is still there, though in a bad neighberhood.

Dude it's halfway through March already. Good luck. :blink:

I scrimped for about a year to put together enough to give her a surprise trip to Vegas for our 25th. It was great.

I have eight years left to get ready for the 50th!

We have already set the celebration for our 50th anniversary. We are going to the Prince of Pistoleers match in Lenexa, KS.

We figured we wanted to have our friend around us and what better place than a Cowboy Match?

My wife reminded me how when I was going to propose I insisted she wear a white blouse and black skirt as I was wearing a white shirt and black slacks and how she kept trying to get out of doing that and changing the date to anotehr day and all and I kept insisting we go dressed the same to a steak house now defunked and how I surprised her with a proposal in the mall parking lot after supper(I was 18 then so I lacked class and thought the mall parking lot was a good idea). I thought of doing that again only this time dragging the 3 children along and was telling my co-worker and then added how she first turned me down, and she said, "and you want to recreate THAT!? Another friend who I was going to get to preach our redoing the vows said, maybe I could just redo the vows and not ask her first. :lol:

Archived