SASS Wire Forum

HUGE QUAKE AND TSUNAMI RIGHT NOW

Throckmorton,23149

Thanks for the info.

Gonna go check it out!

Thanks for the heads-up.

My ex's family is in Osaka. (her father is the mayor of the prefecture that they live in). It sounds like it hit the northern Japanese shoreline the hardest.

Terrible news.

Prayers go out to the people of Japan and also the many Americans (and others) that will no doubt be sent there to help with this mess.

Has anyone heard what happened to the ships in Pearl when it hit Hawaii? I suppose that trying to get the fleat out to sea would have caused the mother of all traffic jams, but I am concerned about our sailors and our Men of War.

Duffield

Has anyone heard what happened to the ships in Pearl when it hit Hawaii? I suppose that trying to get the fleat out to sea would have caused the mother of all traffic jams, but I am concerned about our sailors and our Men of War.

Duffield

I would think Pearl's location would protect it pretty well.

new film footage this morning,we watched last night as it was happening...UNREAL !! thenew footage is just as unreal,the power of the wave is just amazing.

prayers for everyone in its' path,and in the 'quake zone.

The good news is Hawaii looks to have sustained minimal damage, and other than chasing a couple of subs and tying em back up after they broke loose, nothing major for the Navy. Japan on the other hand is looking at a "Katrina" scale mess. Entire airports, including thousands of cars, planes, etc swept innto piles, etc.

Nothing compared to what Japan is going through but this demonstrates the power of the quake/tsunami.

Thousands of miles away, people swept out to sea and our docks are totally destroyed.

Crescent City Docks Destroyed

Archived