SASS Wire Forum

Question for SASS Experts

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

I have somehow lost the bubble maybe it is just old age getting to my old brain. I recall a few years ago there was an effort to start a SASS Museum and Hall of Fame somewhere on the Eastern coast. Seems like there is/was a drive to get donations for this effort and buy/construct a new facility. Where is this facility located? For a while it was in Ca on a temporary basis. Would like to visit it sometime. I can not find a reference to it's current location when I do a search.

My guess is that it will be built on the Founders Ranch property. You could probably shoot Wildshot a PM to find out for sure.

You are correct, the original museum was in Yorba Linda, CA inside the former SASS building.

Well a few years ago there was a big effort for clubs to collect donations for the museum and hall of fame (in addition to the scholarship fund) and I was just wondering where it got built. Are donations still being accepted? All the attention lately on the chapel at the ranch jogged my memory.

Well a few years ago there was a big effort for clubs to collect donations for the museum and hall of fame (in addition to the scholarship fund) and I was just wondering where it got built. Are donations still being accepted? All the attention lately on the chapel at the ranch jogged my memory.

Good, maybe that ain't all bad ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Museum was in California (next to SASS Offices, if I remember). Believe the plan was to do the same in Edgewood NM - to set up the museum here. Some of the displays are upstairs in the 2nd floor part of the SASS offices in Edgewood. (Not at the ranch, not at the current time at least).

Good luck, GJ

A few years ago, SASS was exploring locations for the museum. They held a family oriented mini convention in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. It was hoped, that the event might spark interest on the East Coast, and they were looking for possible locations for the museum and a regular additional event beside the convention.

At the event, they inducted the first members of the SASS Hall Of Fame.

All of this was prior to purchasing the property in New Mexico.

Since Founders Ranch was established, I don't believe they are actively seeking a different location for the museum. I believe they are still collecting funds for the museum / hall of fame. My guess is that eventually it will be at Founders Ranch, but that is just my opinion.

Founders Ranch was a major investment and there are plenty of opportunities for it to grow without traveling outside to another state.

Roo

At one time, they were skimming some of the Scholarship money to help fund'em, but they stated in one of the C.C.s (in about August or Sept., 2007)that they were no longer going to use the scholarship money to help pay for the hall of fame and museum.

The interminable delay has prompted me to take the bull by the horns and open the unofficial SASS Museum and Hall of Fame Colorado Annex here at the ranch.

So far I have:

A cartridge case that Evil Roy dropped,

A lock of Ms. Rocky's hair,

A name tag from Last Stand and two from Revenge of Montezuma

A picture of me

One of Judge Roy Bean's cards

Ya have to start somewhere. :lol:

In 2009 when we were at EOT we stopped by the SASS office and was told the museum was going to be on the top floor at SASS headquarters.

Don't know if that is still the case.

Marshal Stone

In 2009 when we were at EOT we stopped by the SASS office and was told the museum was going to be on the top floor at SASS headquarters.

Don't know if that is still the case.

As stated earlier, yes, much of the museum contents are on the second floor of the Edgewood SASS Office.

Good luck, GJ

Archived