SASS Wire Forum

THSS presents TRAILHEAD 2011 starting.....

Ghost, SASS #50125

So, if you're plannin' on shootin' Fastest Derringer and Pocket Pistol, WATCH OUT! :)

Ghost

(Who is slowing down in his old age)

Ghost can I borrow your Pocket Pistol??!! Just kidding! Will I see the Ghosts at WR in a couple of weeks?

Big Iron Patnode

Ghost can I borrow your Pocket Pistol??!! Just kidding! Will I see the Ghosts at WR in a couple of weeks?

Big Iron Patnode

Hey Skinny,

Good luck at WR. Hope to shoot with ya soon.

WJ

Thanks Jim! I'm sure we will cross paths soon! Doing WR and then hopefully Bayou Blast with my Cajun buds!

Phantom, you will be missed in PHX, not on the wire, but definitely at WR! For my nephew, I may have to shoot one match as Wrought Iron Patnode! Yall take care!

Still BIG IRON PATNODE

Big Iron Patnode

Hey Pards, let me tell ya a story about my good friend, Big Iron Patnode. Many of you know Big Iron has won "Fastest Pocket Pistol" at several big matches including WR. Without question, Big Iron always let me compete with his pocket pistol and I came close, but could never beat him.

Big Iron is a stand-up cowboy and I'm proud to call him "Partner". See ya at WR in a couple of weeks.

Ghost

Well, back to Trailhead. This year's theme is "Clint Eastwood" films. I'm thinking about UNFORGIVEN but can not think of his chracter's name. Seems like it was Jonas or something. Help me out.

Ghost

PS: I looking for the movie.

Well, back to Trailhead. This year's theme is "Clint Eastwood" films. I'm thinking about UNFORGIVEN but can not think of his chracter's name. Seems like it was Jonas or something. Help me out.

Ghost

PS: I looking for the movie.

William Munny

William Munny

Willian Munny!

Thanks Jim.

Ghost

Clint Eastwood movies, eh??? Your tempting me Ghost. I do give second chances - not so sure about thirds.

Kid you can do it! :D Which Eastwood is your favorite?

Ghost

Ghost

Well nothing will change that much. After all it is THSS. Oh well fun to go shoot.

Come on out Sunday. If like in the past the stages will be the same as Trailhead.

jim

The Ghost will be there shootin' Classic Cowboy and using his '51 Navies! "Clint Eastwood" is this year's theme. Ghost will be a Stage Marshall along with the Corba Kid. Hope to see ya at Trailhead!

Ghost

No, it did not fall during my spring break time off as it did 2 years ago. Otherwise I'd be there. Yall have fun.

Guest Crosscut Hardy SASS # 54701

Hi Ghost -- Lord Willing Beaux Hunk Cowgirl and myself will be at Trailhead, hug Lady Ghost for us.

Love the people at Trailhead, the food in the area is the best, Gunsmoke village is the best, the Bruens are great people, Hermans books are absolutely great.

Made my 1st shoot anywhere in the fall of '07, at the time I'd been shooting about 2-3 months.

Then next year made the Trailhead shoot and I was hooked for sure on Cowboy Action Shooting....... didn't know a thing about what target size/distance should be

or care because I was having so much fun I could not believe it and still having fun.

Well I'm not going to make it...for many reason other then the format. Simply can't take the time off right now. Heck, I'm missing Winter Range for the first time in 7 years!!!!

Have fun and enjoy the match. As I've said before, I hope Trailhead finds the right formula to bring it back to the way it used to be.

Phantom

Hey Phantom

That's too bad your not going to WR this year. Rattlesnake and I are going for the first time would've been great to posse up with you again.

As for Trailhead, would you consider going if they had the targets that looked like Blind Bob picking up brass like they had at Tin Star. Lol.

I agree about Gunsmoke being an awesome venue and I wish some things were different there too. I think everyone who goes there knows what to expect by now and they go there with the intention of just having fun, hangin with friends and possibly making some new ones. I should make Rattlesnake shoot that match just so he could see what an actual front sight looks like. Right? My luck he would find it and end up handing all of our asses to us. Might be kinda funny having a 12 year old win overall there. Lol

Anyway, I wish the best for all of y'all and we must remember that we get out of this sport what we choose to. If we decide We are not going to like something then chances are that's exactly what will happen and vise versa. As for me shooting there this year, who knows I've definitely done crazier things.

Hey Phantom

That's too bad your not going to WR this year. Rattlesnake and I are going for the first time would've been great to posse up with you again.

As for Trailhead, would you consider going if they had the targets that looked like Blind Bob picking up brass like they had at Tin Star. Lol.

I agree about Gunsmoke being an awesome venue and I wish some things were different there too. I think everyone who goes there knows what to expect by now and they go there with the intention of just having fun, hangin with friends and possibly making some new ones. I should make Rattlesnake shoot that match just so he could see what an actual front sight looks like. Right? My luck he would find it and end up handing all of our asses to us. Might be kinda funny having a 12 year old win overall there. Lol

Anyway, I wish the best for all of y'all and we must remember that we get out of this sport what we choose to. If we decide We are not going to like something then chances are that's exactly what will happen and vise versa. As for me shooting there this year, who knows I've definitely done crazier things.

X-2 on getting from this sport what you choose.

Ghost

It's a toss up between The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and Outlaw Josey Wales.

This time of year I get the itch to shoot a big match, I am also thinking about Bayou Blast over in Lake Charles. Just have to choose - cant do both.

It's a toss up between The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and Outlaw Josey Wales.

This time of year I get the itch to shoot a big match, I am also thinking about Bayou Blast over in Lake Charles. Just have to choose - cant do both.

I can see ya as Clint's character in THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY. B)

Ghost

Hi Ghost -- Lord Willing Beaux Hunk Cowgirl and myself will be at Trailhead, hug Lady Ghost for us.

Love the people at Trailhead, the food in the area is the best, Gunsmoke village is the best, the Bruens are great people, Hermans books are absolutely great.

Made my 1st shoot anywhere in the fall of '07, at the time I'd been shooting about 2-3 months.

Then next year made the Trailhead shoot and I was hooked for sure on Cowboy Action Shooting....... didn't know a thing about what target size/distance should be

or care because I was having so much fun I could not believe it and still having fun.

Hello Crosscut, I'm proud to call ya "Pardner" and hope to see ya'll at TRAILHEAD THIS YEAR.

Ghost

• 3 weeks later...

Archived