SASS Wire Forum

Black Powder Night Shoot

The Winter Range main matches (Cowboy and Wild Bunch) are full. BUT, you can still get into the BP night shoot!!! It is on Thursday night on Practical Bay "C" (where stages 7 & 8 are located). Starts around 7:00 p.m. +/- whenever we want to begin and ends +/- whenever we decide to quit. There are a few basic rules.

First, you must be prepared to have fun.

Second, you must be present to shoot. If you are not present you can't shoot.

Third, have fun.

Fourth, since it is a BP night shoot, you should be prepared to shoot some BP.

Fifth, and the over riding rule, be safe.

Sixth, have fun!!!!!!!

The past two years we have had a 100% clean match rate! This is phenomenal and partially due to the fact that if you can't see a miss, it's a HIT. After about ten shooters if there is no wind, generally no one can see anything. We have never had a "P". Partially due to the same reason there are no misses. So, load up some ammo, come out and shoot or stop by to spectate and be dazzled by the pyrotechnics. Since there is no actual sign-up sheet, we try to do an informal role call right here on the wire. How many are coming?

1. Me, LEP.

2. Dan Diamond

The Winter Range main matches (Cowboy and Wild Bunch) are full. BUT, you can still get into the BP night shoot!!! It is on Thursday night on Practical Bay "C" (where stages 7 & 8 are located). Starts around 7:00 p.m. +/- whenever the we want to begin and ends +/- whenever we decide to quit. There are a few basic rules.

Third, have fun.

Sixth, have fun!!!!!!!

The past two years we have had a 100% clean match rate! This is phenomenal and partially due to the fact that if you can't see a miss, it's a HIT. After about ten shooters if there is no wind, generally no one can see anything. We have never had a "P". Partially due to the same reason there are no misses. So, load up some ammo, come out and shoot or stop by to spectate and be dazzled by the pyrotechnics. Since there is no actual sign-up sheet, we try to do an informal role call right here on the wire. How many are coming?

1. Me, LEP.

2. Dan Diamond

Larceny Dammit, if I have it all correct and sometimes I don't, I want to get it all straight. I have signed up for plainsman and for side matches. Do I need to do any other signing up to shoot your BP night shoot or am I good to go?

Hey pard, I am starting to get anxious now. Order me up some good weather and you won't be able to wipe my silly grin off with a GI brush. :)

Guest Cactus Cris SASS#2790

AND--for those that feel the need to clean after--the Cart Corral will be open late. I have a cleaning area set up in the corral just for BP shooters during the match. Come on over and clean your toys or just observe-either way you will get an earfull of light hearted banter and tall tales. :rolleyes::)

Ever notice how there are no night contests for the piff-ting shooters. What, a spark maybe, then nothing. Nope, only the Holy Black brings the true message of the "Old West" with flames and smoke.

Welcome to the Darkside.

Dick

Larceny Dammit, if I have it all correct and sometimes I don't, I want to get it all straight. I have signed up for plainsman and for side matches. Do I need to do any other signing up to shoot your BP night shoot or am I good to go?

Hey pard, I am starting to get anxious now. Order me up some good weather and you won't be able to wipe my silly grin off with a GI brush. :)

The BP night shoot is 100% FREE! So, as long as you adhere to rule number 2 you are in.

Can I play too? Please, mister Side Match Director, I want to make flames in the night.....

Wish granted. Bring your fire sticks and have fun.

My inability to hit targets is the stuff legends are made of, but I wouldn't miss this for the world.

Count me in Larsen!

Regards,

M.T.

Alright then, it is a happening. Prof Cubby Bear and Jailhouse Jim, dueling 10 gauges. Flames? There should be a who's is longest contest.

I'll avail myself of Cactus Cris kind offer to clean my guns afterward. Hold on C.C. I am just funnin' and getting in the mood for a really good time at your 20th anniversary shoot. :)

Miz Lou will be there with both guns blazin' at the same time. Larsen, is the Gatling Gun going to be there again this year? You pards coming for the first time -- Don't forget your flashlights, comes in handy getting around the range after dark. After-shoot gun cleaning party at Cactus Cris's Corral is fun, too.

The Winter Range main matches (Cowboy and Wild Bunch) are full. BUT, you can still get into the BP night shoot!!! It is on Thursday night on Practical Bay "C" (where stages 7 & 8 are located). Starts around 7:00 p.m. +/- whenever we want to begin and ends +/- whenever we decide to quit. There are a few basic rules.

Third, have fun.

Sixth, have fun!!!!!!!

What do you think?

C&B, FC?

1. Me, LEP.

2. Dan Diamond

Thanks JJ!!

I'm planning on being there to represent and back Howdy's play! Already have enough caps, balls

and even cartridges if I feel the need to let my Rooger's bark at the night sky.

Add my next of kin - Bobcat Brian to the list, too,

Lookin' forward to one He77 of a good time!!

Jacked Up Dammit

Oh ya!

This is way fun.

There is a black powder virgin I convinced to come down all the way from Alaska and this ought to make him see the light!

:D:D:D

Whooooo Hoooo!! I can hardly wait!! My first BP night shoot!!

Count me in! Hubby will be bringin the camera so's I can finally post my picture on my profile.

Miss Cubbie

(no relation to the professor!)

:D:D:D

Whooooo Hoooo!! I can hardly wait!! My first BP night shoot!!

Count me in! Hubby will be bringin the camera so's I can finally post my picture on my profile.

Miss Cubbie

(no relation to the professor!)

Good thing too, cuz I'll bet you are cute. The Professor? Well, let's not go there. :D

Got the time off.... check.

Devil Bear Special BP loads ... check.

Guns clean and ready ... check.

Transportation .... check.

Ready for Fun .... check.

Cuter than Miss Cubbie ... well, 4 out of 5 ain't bad.

Archived