SASS Wire Forum

Taurus Lightning update

I am back working on my Taurus project after a detour of getting local guns ready for our state match " Last Stand "

Out of the seven I have in my shop, ALL have the carrier problem of lifting rounds too high. I am happy to report my carrier/brace modification cures this problem. The one I was working on today had the added problem of rounds slipping under carrier. I have read about this and is due to excessive opening at the end of mag tube allowing rounds to ride over cartridge stop. A little creative bending of top end of tube and a little adjustment on the cartridge stop, fixed this.

I hope within a couple of weeks to post a video of six rifles working. I promise to add a blonde assistant to make viewing more interesting.

What really amazes me is Taurus did not fix this problem. This rifle could still have been on the market for a low cost SASS or Wild Bunch rifle.

All for now, be back soon with the Blonde.

Dallas

Could you have the blond wear a bikini PLEASE......PLEASE.....PLEASE....I'll be your best friend.

Big(whats really wants to see a blond in a bikini)Jake

P.S. after watching the video a few times....I might watch the gun.

Deadeye,

your accomplishments are deserving of a Blonde.

I'm gona use a dashing and voluptuous RED head on the next Marlin. :D

Ya done yeself proud.

Good luck at TLS. And try to keep Korupt Karl civilized.

..........Widder

I'm gona use a dashing and voluptuous RED head on the next Marlin

Widowmaker, between you and Dallas, waiting with oxygen tank and defibrillator!

Please make the videos when the weather is hot, hot, hot :D

OK, back to business - Dallas, Thanks Kindly for the update. Interesting the carrier problem of lifting rounds too high is a common issue. So much for 'test firing' when they were made at Taurus Brazil. Really is a pity there was a lack of QC. The rifles would have been selling better than the free lunches at the saloon

Just want to warn you that I will not accept my rifle unless all the above are in the video and there must be cleavage

Dallas, since the Wire is a 'Family' forum, just ship Cusz's rifle to me! :D

Yes, maybe I should be more specific - a plumber shot will not count!

Come on guys, Have I ever disappointed you?

Although Marauder's Blonde is is very cute, she would not be a good assistant.

My assistant Nicky

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy37/De...allas/Nicky.jpg

Dallas

What really amazes me is Taurus did not fix this problem. This rifle could still have been on the market for a low cost SASS or Wild Bunch rifle.

All for now, be back soon with the Blonde.

Dallas

Dallas that's because Taurus doesn't have any real gunsmiths working for them. You ought to send them a copy of the video along with instructions on how to correct the problem. Maybe then they might start selling them again.

Woohoo, can't wait to get mine back and take it to the range. How 'bout including a poster of your "assistant" for my garage mancave?

Hey Dallas,

I'm really looking forward to the video, it's been a long time since I've seen my Gold Rush.

Just so ya know, I'm blonde but I ain't wearin no bikini. I don't think Medicare will cover it.

Hope ya had a good holiday season and thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this project.

Perhaps you could forward a copy of the tape to Beretta also.

Happy Trails, Coyote Kid

Now everyone who used their's for tomato stakes will want to clean the rust out of the barells. I got $200 for one.

Maybe,

shenny

Dallas does a great job on the rifles pards!

By the way, I still have the original Deadeye Dallas Taurus Lightning fixed and working original prototype rifle for sale for those interested in one that works. $550.00 or a trade for an AWA lightning in .38 caliber may be aranged with some cash as well.

-Deadlee

I don't have a Taurus but I have been following this, and similar, threads about Deadeye's remarkable progress with the T-Bolt.

What I do find interesting is how many other really good gunsmiths tried to make these rifles work and ultimately declared them unfixable and refused to work on them. Deadeye makes the fix sound easy, why was everyone else stymied? Are there a bunch of other gunsmiths with egg on their faces? I am a skeptic at heart and probably won't be really convinced of the miracle cure until there are a bunch of these rifles being shot in matches on a regular basis without issues and staying fixed. For those that already have one, I hope that Deadeye has indeed worked some magic.

I'll probably stick with lever action rifles since none of my cowboy heroes shot pumps, but if I come across a cheap T-Bolt I'll be tempted.

Are the AWA Lightnings, more reliable than the Taurus Thunderbolt.??. I'm thinking of looking an AWA up in 44-40. Who makes AWAs,??. The AWA sight has no info on the Manufactorer of them, only thier pistols.

Rebel dave aka Dave C.

Are the AWA Lightnings, more reliable than the Taurus Thunderbolt.??. I'm thinking of looking an AWA up in 44-40. Who makes AWAs,??. The AWA sight has no info on the Manufactorer of them, only thier pistols.

Rebel dave aka Dave C.

Yes they are reliable, like all our guns, some work better than others. Some need action work, some work good out of the box. They are made to order at the AWA plant in Florida, where I get parts from time to time.

I personally own an AWA. and I got tired of the Taurus' bad reputation hurting all lightning rifles. One of the reasons I wanted to fix the Taurus problem.

This is Cypress Sun shooting shooting my AWA

Dallas

DD

Thanks for the reply. Ive got my local Gunshop ordering me an AWA Carbine in 44-40, to match my Pietta colt. Thats a fast shooting gun in the vid. How do they work with black powder,??.

Rebel Dave aka Dave C.

DD

Thanks for the reply. Ive got my local Gunshop ordering me an AWA Carbine in 44-40, to match my Pietta colt. Thats a fast shooting gun in the vid. How do they work with black powder,??.

Rebel Dave aka Dave C.

I am going to defer this question to Mad Dog Jack's recent post

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162216

Dallas

Archived