SASS Wire Forum

Comancheria Days 2024 Shout Out to the Texican Rangers

La Sombra

Hate to toot my home club's annual match, but.... A major league shout out to the Texican Rangers for another outstanding Comancheria Days. This was the 29th annual Comancheria Day match. Great time, good stages, and a fun posse made this one memorable. Did not walk away with a buckle, but the reward was the event.

See you guys next year for the 30th.

La Sombra

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

Toot the scores when you get a chance. 

Thanks Hells Comin 

Let's see if this works.

04132024 CD 2024 Main Match Final.pdf

2 minutes ago, July Smith said:

Congrats on your category win.  Real sorry I missed this years match.

Thanks, this was actually a case of "choosing my category wisely", same as last year!  I shot FC because I knew Roys Creek Dan was shooting SFC.  If I'd have shot SFC, I would have come in 3rd.   And actually, I expected Lightning McQueen to beat me and he was until a couple of bad stages.  I have to tell you, on his last stage, there were only 2 shotgun targets but his loads were not knocking them over.  He was down to one shell and, standing on one foot, he shot and they both fell.   No, I didn't get it on video.  :)

July, you were missed!  Seeya later.

• Like 1

Thanks, La Sombra! It was great having such a fun group of shooters at the match. We really enjoyed hosting everyone. And yes, Abilene, the weather was quite nice all weekend. Next year our match will be April 10 - 12, 2025, so mark your calendars. We'd love to have you join us. I'm attaching the final results for this year's event. 

Congratulations to this year's winners.

Shooting Iron Miller04132024 CD 2024 Main Match Final.pdf

• Thanks 2

On 4/15/2024 at 9:13 AM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

And the best weather we've had for it in quite a while!

It was too windy and the sun was too bright. So the sun was in my eyes and the wind blew dust in them as well and that is my story and I am sticking to it as to why I had misses.  LOL

TM

Edited by Texas Maverick
  • Haha 3

You're right Comancheria Days is sure one of my fav. shoots...and all club & match folks are so nice & friendly...it's like having a mini vacation lol....crosscut hardy

• Like 1