SASS Wire Forum

Toyota girl

I may buy a Toyota because of this cutie!

image.thumb.jpeg.688af036afa4908c1cd42cbf597e49b9.jpeghttps://www.legit.ng/1229609-toyota-spokeswoman-laurel-coppock-bio-age-measurements-net-worth-pregnancy.html

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

Or in the car...  :P

I never saw her at all, when I bought my new Tacoma.
I got a look at the 2024 line, said "absolutely not" and found a 2023 in December.
Had to call three states and a dozen dealships to find what I wanted.

She was not part of the package.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Or in the car...  :P

I never saw her at all, when I bought my new Tacoma.
I got a look at the 2024 line, said "absolutely not" and found a 2023 in December.
Had to call three states and a dozen dealships to find what I wanted.

She was not part of the package.

My son has a 2023 Tacoma, great truck!! 

The 2023 is the last of its breed.
Toyota is retiring the 3.6l after many years of development.
This engine is as good as it will ever get.
The 2024s are smaller engines with turbos and EV batteries... no thanks.

The secret to v6 VVT-i longevity is clean oil.
The factory change interval is FAR too lengthy to maintain pristine oil quality.

If he changes his own, a MotivX tool and 18 ft-lb torque wrench are required tools.
The filter assembly is very sensitive to over torquing, which is why I will be doing my own again, instead of the shops.

I'm getting 19.2 mpg around town, and 26.2 on the freeway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

The 2023 is the last of its breed.
Toyota is retiring the 3.6l after many years of development.
This engine is as good as it will ever get.
The 2024s are smaller engines with turbos and EV batteries... no thanks.

The secret to v6 VVT-i longevity is clean oil.
The factory change interval is FAR too lengthy to maintain pristine oil quality.

If he changes his own, a MotivX tool and 18 ft-lb torque wrench are required tools.
The filter assembly is very sensitive to over torquing, which is why I will be doing my own again, instead of the shops.

I'm getting 19.2 mpg around town, and 26.2 on the freeway.

He gets 3 free oil changes I believe and no he won’t be doing his own ever!:lol:

i cant say i never bought something because of a girl in my life , but i can say i never bought a car because of one , i did borrow one at one time because of a girl tho ............that was a mistake i escaped in the end , 

3 hours ago, watab kid said:

i cant say i never bought something because of a girl in my life , but i can say i never bought a car because of one , i did borrow one at one time because of a girl tho ............that was a mistake i escaped in the end , 

I think you’re taking my post a little too seriously!:lol:

I wouldn’t buy a car because of any spokesman, I just think she’s a cutie!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

He gets 3 free oil changes I believe and no he won’t be doing his own ever!:lol:

I thought Toyota was 2 years on a new car. My wife just got a new RAV4 and it was 2 years from Toyota and one was thrown in from the stealership . But Toyota has 10,000 mi recommended oil changes and there’s no way I’m waiting that long. I had mine changed at 1000 then just recently at 5000. The kid in the service department said they will change it every 5000 for 3 years. Which wasn’t the way the sales people explained it. So we’ll see, either way they were built into the price. Nothing is free, they claim Toyota does this to help with their reliability stats . From talking to mechanics I know they are always surprised how many people don’t do regular oil changes on their vehicles. And very few recommend going off of the vehicles oil life monitor or 10,000 mile oil changes . Especially if you’re going to drive the wheels off of it . If you’re leasing without an intention of ever buying it then I would guess 10,000 would be the plan.

For anyone that is interested in Toyota’s this guy has a very informative YouTube channel 

25 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I thought Toyota was 2 years on a new car. My wife just got a new RAV4 and it was 2 years from Toyota and one was thrown in from the stealership . But Toyota has 10,000 mi recommended oil changes and there’s no way I’m waiting that long. I had mine changed at 1000 then just recently at 5000. The kid in the service department said they will change it every 5000 for 3 years. Which wasn’t the way the sales people explained it. So we’ll see, either way they were built into the price. Nothing is free, they claim Toyota does this to help with their reliability stats . From talking to mechanics I know they are always surprised how many people don’t do regular oil changes on their vehicles. And very few recommend going off of the vehicles oil life monitor or 10,000 mile oil changes . Especially if you’re going to drive the wheels off of it . If you’re leasing without an intention of ever buying it then I would guess 10,000 would be the plan.

For anyone that is interested in Toyota’s this guy has a very informative YouTube channel 

You may be right. 

My 2023 has the VVT-I cam timing devices. Great for mileage and power but also many small moving parts .  Dirty oil is the enemy here.

5 minutes ago, bgavin said:

My 2023 has the VVT-I cam timing devices. Great for mileage and power but also many small moving parts .  Dirty oil is the enemy here.

That’s great but I have no idea of what you’re saying . I don’t work on cars and haven’t for years nor do I want to!:)

23 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

image.png.a3e00207d47a4c22643662e2988638a8.png

30 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

image.png.2bd999075099bcb48b4429b8e33bebfc.png

Did you want to put this on the MEME’s thread??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Yes 

Senior moment?? :lol:

14 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I think you’re taking my post a little too seriously!:lol:

I wouldn’t buy a car because of any spokesman, I just think she’s a cutie!

i understood your intent , i was reflecting back in time and vocalized it a bit - sorry , i a;lso thought cutie , 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, watab kid said:

i understood your intent , i was reflecting back in time and vocalized it a bit - sorry , i a;lso thought cutie , 

No apologies necessary!!:)

I have a 2007 Tacoma 4 cylinder access cab. Pretty much the base model. Bought it new.  At that time I purchased lifetime oil change for $500. Have had the oil changed regularly all these years. One time the guy doing the paperwork printed out all the oil changes I've had over the years. He laughed and commented that I'd got my moneys worth. He said it pays for itself in about 3 years. Almost 295,000 miles on it now.

• Like 3

New Tacomas (and probably all the others) are very finicky compared to my 1991 Truck.
The Tacoma oil filter is a plastic cartridge that is removed and a filter insert is changed.
It has to be torqued to 18.00 ft-lbs or it will either break the plastic, or it will be so tight it can't be removed.

The variable valve timing is highly complex and demands pristine oil quality due to the many tiny moving parts.
The good news is variable timing is a boost for both low end torque and mileage.
A deep dive explanation is here: