SASS Wire Forum

Needing information on how to transport firearms to SASS Canadian matches.

islandgirl

The Canada Border Services Agency web site has all the official information needed.   By all means contact the folks listed above and they will confirm the info on that website.

BTW, we used to shoot at some of the same matches in NJ and PA back in the "old days".  I seem to remember a shoot off with (I can't remember for sure- Badlands Bud?) another top shooter where a number of shotgun rounds were required; he ran out of shells and you had plenty on your belt.  You moved down south as I recall.  Nice to see you're still shooting.

Tex

Edited by Tex Jones, SASS 2263

Long guns are easy, handguns not so much without lots of advance planning.

Which matches are you thinking of attending? 

Thank you so much for more info that y'all suggested.  I am interested in shooting the SASS Regional and National Championship matches this summer along with my friend Kanada Girl.  She has given me some information also.  Was checking to see if there are any US shooters will be heading over there also.  :)   

Thank you Lumpy, Tex Jones, Sedalia and Crisco for reply.  I appreciate yall took the time.  Looking forward to see y'all at the range!  :)

Island Girl

'

• Like 3

Sorry, just noticed this.

The Canadian Firearms Centre's telephone number is 1-800-731-4000 and follow the prompts.

I suggest you have the all the details, make, model, serial numbers etc. etc. of any and all firearms you intend to bring. 

Things changed here with the Order In Council and subsequent freeze of the legal transfer of handguns, by registered and licensed owners.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The 2024 SASS Canadian National Championship is being hosted by the Saskatchewan Association of Wild West Shooters in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, August 1 thru 4. You will need to get a letter of invitation for the event to qualify for the permit. 

You can contact myself or one of the other club executive for a letter of invitation.

Dusty Driver 

VP Saskatchewan Association of Wild West Shooters 

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Dusty Driver said:

The 2024 SASS Canadian National Championship is being hosted by the Saskatchewan Association of Wild West Shooters in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, August 1 thru 4. You will need to get a letter of invitation for the event to qualify for the permit. 

You can contact myself or one of the other club executive for a letter of invitation.

Dusty Driver 

VP Saskatchewan Association of Wild West Shooters 

IslandGirl, Dusty is a great guy to work with. I have sent him invitations for the past 2 years to get him into the US to shoot at our matches here in Texas. He usually stays 3 o4 months and shoots with us. Better take care of her Dusty. LOL  Texas Maverick from Green Mountain Regulators.

TM

Edited by Texas Maverick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Whip Callahan @Zeke come over to NY every year for the NY State match. 

@Lawman and @Serenity live in Canada and come here for EOT and Land Run. 

Great to see you at the SC match!

Hugs!

Scarlett