SASS Wire Forum

Duluth trading fire hose pants

When my youngest was in the 1st grade he saw a commercial for Duluth trading buck naked underwear and put it on his Christmas list at school .  He finally got some when he got into high school.  They also advertised fire hose cargo pants.  Since I wear cargo pants everywhere except church I got some.  

I was tending my chickens and got chicken manure on my pants.  I hosed them down with the water hose and it came right off and I was not wet underneath.  

on another day we were riding our ATV s and had an unplanned ride through a water hole and went nearly waist deep.  In a cargo pocket I had a checkbook so I moved it to my front pants pocket.  

once we got out of the water I checked and my check book was not wet just barely damp.  I had a pistol shaped object on the inside of my waistband and there were a couple of drops of water on the parts above the pants and some minor wetness on the part in a holster but even the holster was only slightly damp.  Others were soaked and had to change their pants.  

• Like 2

While I like a lot of DTC clothing their pants are something I no longer buy. 

The zippers do not lock when the tab is down. So over the course of a few very active hours they will unzip themselves.

I prefer my pants to stay zipped by themselves. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

While I like a lot of DTC clothing their pants are something I no longer buy. 

The zippers do not lock when the tab is down. So over the course of a few very active hours they will unzip themselves.

I prefer my pants to stay zipped by themselves. 

Unless your wife is around?

• Haha 1

I’ve never tried Duluth Trading Co.’s pants. A few years ago I was looking at their pants and I tried out Wrangler Riggs work pants. I did not like them. They reminded me of Sears “Tough-skins” pants. I figured the Duluth “Fire Hose” pants to be the same. So, I tried Wrangler “Authentics” cargo pants and I have been wearing their pants since. 
Now that I think about it I have been wearing these Wranglers for 9 years. Not the same pants, obviously, but the same Brand. 

If I ain’t wearing Cowboy clothes I generally am wearing Duluth pants. Light weight in the summer and heavier in the winter. 

and the zipper stays up. I buy them in person from the store in Sandy Utah and am pretty sure I embarrassed the poor salesgirl when I first went in to buy pants and told her I wanted pants that the zipper worked on because I was tired of my Johnson hanging out in public. 

• Haha 1

They are the most comfortable pants I've worn in a long time. I have 2 new pairs set aside and rotate 3 others from them. I had other cargo shorts that fit well but just received 2 pair of their firehose shorts and wore a pair this weekend. Love them. I get t shirts from the kingsize website. Their regular t shirts are long enough untucked for me unlike many others. I ordered some extra long to try at first but they are too long. I wear them for USPSA matches tucked in and they stay in. Never had an issue with the zippers on their pants.