SASS Wire Forum

My turn to seek out the Prayer Posse

Prayers back up Blackwater. Sure hope you're able to ditch that scooter soon. Keep up the healing Pard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prayers back up this afternoon for more healing and ditching the scooter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think he really likes the scooter. :P

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

I think he really likes the scooter. :P

Deacon?  Bubba!!  You could not possibly be more wrong!!!  <_< :lol:

I have invented a whole new profane language directed solely at that freaking death machine!!   :angry:

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Back up today in hopes of it's soon disappearance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blackwater, you and Schoolmarm are still in our thoughts and prayers. How's that dang foot doing Pard?

Eyesa & Ellie 

• Like 2

A quick update!

Schoolmarm has continued to get better every day.  She accompanied me to the doctor yesterday afternoon and kept me going.

My doctor visit was kinda’ rough. I’d taken my bi-weekly injectable medication the night before and it sometimes makes me lightheaded. Yesterday was one of those times.  I was “okay”, but any extended exertion would result in a need to sit for a spell and clear my head.

The doctor basically interviewed me and we put together a plan for the near future.  The antibiotic I am taking now is pretty toxic if taken for any extended period, so when my current prescription runs out, I go back to the one that the foot doctor prescribed after we took the cultures when I first realized that I had this most recent infection.  He sent me to the lab to have new test run to make sure we have it whooped.

It’s a pretty good distance from the doctor’s office over to the lab and when I got there I was a little winded and very lightheaded again. I got into the chair for the technician to get the blood samples and told her that I was woozy and that I was liable to pass out.  She got the samples taken, but she had to stab me a couple of times before she got into a vein.  I got entirely loopy and started greying out.  She got me some ice water and kept me in the chair for about five minutes.

After that I was able to get back to the car. I got seated and took a good ten minutes to get my head cleared before I took off. Schoolmarm isn’t supposed to drive yet, (she’s made a couple of short trips to the corner store) and it’s a good half hour drive to the house from where we were when traffic is light, but it was four in the afternoon and we were in downtown rush hour traffic.  

We drove a few blocks to a burger joint to grab some supper and to make sure I was okay to drive. She decided that I was good to go and we made it home without incident.

She makes a purty good wingman!!

I got a good meal and a good nap and after a decent night’s sleep, I feel like a human being again today! But I wonder if maybe this nasty antibiotic has anything to do with what happened yesterday!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Yup, thanks for the update, still praying here for you both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back up today for continued healing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

I'm going to get callouses on my knees from all this praying.  Get better, won'tcha?

We’re working on it!!

We are both out of the woods for now. Schoolmarm is steadily getting stronger.  She’s doing more around the house and starting to get outside some when the weather permits.  She also loads and unloads my knee scooter when we leave the house, which is pretty often since we are both following up with the various doctors and such.

I had a visit from the home health nurse yesterday and she said that the results from my surgery are looking really good.  I still can’t walk. Can’t put any pressure on my foot for at least another week or until they remove the remaining stitches.  Then I will have to get shoes that will protect the remaining problem area that all this surgery has created.

I think that y’all can start offering whatever prayers from a standing or settin’ position from here on out.  The ones you’ve sent so far have got the big guy’s attention and he has blessed us both with his healing touch!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

*snip*

I think that y’all can start offering whatever prayers from a standing or settin’ position from here on out.  

My arthritic old Prayer Bones thank you kindly.

We got rid of all the carpet and went entirely with laminate so as not to aggravate my wife's many allergies, and attair floor gets uncomfortable after a while.

Besides, I'm just naturally lazy! :P:P:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Quick update!

Infections doc called and took me off of the rough antibiotic.  It was reaching the toxic level. I will resume the medication that I was on before the surgery.

Home health was here early to check and change the bandage.  It was completely clean!

We’re going out for a sit down lunch today for the first time since we’ve both been home!

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for more good news! Prayers to continue.

• Like 2

Great news! Enjoy your Easter Sunday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back up this morning. Keep improving Schoolmarm & Blackwater.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Blackwater & Schoolmarm,

Prayers back up this morning for continued healing.

Happy Easter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still praying for you to Imis!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back up in hopes that you both are still making good progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We took Schoolmarm in for a follow up with the kidney doctor this afternoon.   He took her off of her blood pressure medication. That’s bp meds and Metformin so far that she doesn’t need, at least for now, and he told her to NEVER take Metformin again!!

Tomorrow is two weeks since the foot doctor sewed up the last of the incision!!

I’m a bit anxious about my visit tomorrow!!

• Thanks 5

What's the deal with Metformin?? I'm on the stuff and have other Docs and the pharmacist question it! But my PCP insists. She wanted to double it, I refused and she hasn't said anything about it since.

• Sad 2

Great news! And we ain't letting you off the prayer list just yet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heading back up from Vermont. Thank you for the update. Bests thought for your Doc visit tomorrow. Prayers there's continued improvement.

EH & EP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Metformin is one of the least expensive medications prescribed for diabetes.  It works “okay” for some people, at least for a while, but it is notoriously hard on the kidneys.

I took it for several years when I was first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  It finally began making me very sick and had violent effects on my digestion and made me hurt in my lower back. I stopped taking it and the symptoms were gone in two days! My regular doctor and my dietitian conferred and changed my medications.

It’s been a long and winding journey to find what works and the combination of meds I take now COULD have to be changed somewhere down the road!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The foot doc took out one of the stitches and removed the steri-strips this morning!

Two or three more to go.  She says that it’s healing nicely and that the rest of the stitches can come out next week!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Excellent Blackwater! So glad to hear things are going right with that foot this time. Prayers and good thoughts to continue for both of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's great news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back up for another round. Ellie & I are hoping things are still improving for you both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The home health nurse was pleased with the progress.  Nothing on the bandage and the stitches are holding without the aid of steri-strips.

I have started seeking footwear options in earnest! That’s gonna’ take some work!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Keep up the good work Blackwater, our thoughts are still with you & your's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1