SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron 1887 Follow up video questions answered.

23 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Do you have to hold your mouth another way to get them to feed?  :rolleyes:

Actually that’s a straight up question. How do they feed?

It feeds with no issues.

• Thanks 2

It feeds with no issues.

Loading is hard because you have to close the lever slightly to get the carrier to drop. When you do there is very little room to get a finger behind the shell and push it into the mag tube.

It feeds with no issues.

Loading is hard because you have to close the lever slightly to get the carrier to drop. When you do there is very little room to get a finger behind the shell and push it into the mag tube.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Duece, Your  first video was good enough for me. I just picked mine up this morning at a local shop. One question though.........does yours pinch your trigger finger when firing? Mine pinched enough to draw blood by catching the trigger finger on the first joint between the trigger and the hole on the guard it goes through.

Macon Due 29445

You can pinch your finger with ANY lever action firearm.  The original 87s and the ones being imported now have solid levers and are no more prone to pinching than any other lever action.  

DSC_0001.thumb.jpeg.4ead66a0799dce0d02b4b117ba62e4e5.jpeg

The older 87s imported by IAC and Coyote Cap had a two piece lever.  This was a PINCHAMATIC.  To help prevent this they came with a snap-on leather lever wrap to cover the joint in the lever.

P1000256.thumb.jpeg.1d10826f95eb8bec72bf31d849ab5cfe.jpeg

Pettifigger

I don't think you understood how I meant it was pinching my trigger finger? With the lever fully closed, when I pull the trigger, the hammer drops and I let the trigger back forward it pinches my trigger finger between the front ,top of the trigger and the hole in the lever that the trigger protrudes though.

Macon

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I just pulled a new one out of the box and levered and pulled the trigger several times.  No problem on this one.  Check the trigger and hole in the lever for burrs or exceptionally sharp edges.  Here are a couple of photos on the one I just took out of the box.

DSC_0002(2).thumb.jpeg.e531e129741dd26c1ac5e5472f243bbb.jpeg

DSC_0004(2).thumb.jpeg.c5c66010f8d6a408326de065524824a5.jpeg

All the surfaces are free of rough edges.

Here is a shot of just the trigger.  The front is smooth and slightly rounded.

DSC_0008.thumb.jpeg.4ebc9cecf46be63a462a038085f92f75.jpeg

If the hole in the lever has a sharp edge I would take a flat jewelers file and just take a couple of swipes to knock off any sharpness.

DSC_0005.thumb.jpeg.0a687e174b82e39351819744d2628e1b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Larson, yep right where you show the file is where it is getting me. No doubt I am up too high on the trigger but that is how I shoot. I have filed a tiny bit right where you show so I will hit it a few more licks. I was trying to imagine how I could mess anything up by rounding that sharp edge off a bit but I don't see how it could hurt. Tomorrow I will hit it again. Thank you.....Macon