SASS Wire Forum

What’s in yellow snow?

Yes, I know what makes the snow and have done so myself a few times.  But that’s not the ponderance of the moment.

With a week of snow on the ground, every spot of yellow snow still shines. On Jack’s walks,, he stops at each spot for a moment.

Why do some spots warrant a minor sniff and move one, some a deeper inhale, a few he buries his face in ecstasy, and he adds his own yellow to about half.

What does he glean from yellow snow to elicit such diverse reactions?

If you really want to know.

Snip-it_1705933143038.jpg.0f790160b49fbc5afae2527979af9f05.jpg

Hidden tales of yellow snow: What a dog's nose knows - Making sense of scents

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animal-emotions/200906/hidden-tales-yellow-snow-what-dogs-nose-knows-making-sense-scents%3famp

53 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Yes, I know what makes the snow and have done so myself a few times.  But that’s not the ponderance of the moment.

With a week of snow on the ground, every spot of yellow snow still shines. On Jack’s walks,, he stops at each spot for a moment.

Why do some spots warrant a minor sniff and move one, some a deeper inhale, a few he buries his face in ecstasy, and he adds his own yellow to about half.

What does he glean from yellow snow to elicit such diverse reactions?

Just checking his peemail.  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

When I walk Kimber she checks every poop and pee along the way! If it's her's, she takes a quick wife and continues on, if not she pees on it! Seems to have a never ending marking bladder! After a snow storm gets plowed, it's take forever to get down the road and back as all the smells are now mixed and new! A bobcat left a small pee spot in a snow ball along the driveway, we have to check and remark it twice every day!