SASS Wire Forum

Real, or Reel

Alpo

cartoonshade.thumb.jpg.c33167884c13ad3f6a995d1c6154ebe8.jpg.97eaa81d16e617501855bc8b080db2b4.jpg

I was thinking of this the other day. You see it in a movie every once in a while. They did it in Josie Wales.

Dig a deep hole, stick the guy in it, bury him up to his neck and leave him as a torture. Terrible thing to do to someone.

But do you suppose Indians really did it? Without a backhoe, digging a hole 3 foot wide and 6 foot deep will really take a while. To make it 6 foot deep, it's going to need to be about 6 foot wide.

I just have trouble visualizing Geronimo out there with a pick and shovel digging this great big hole to bury the white guy up to his neck.

• Like 3

Other cultures did it, no reason that American Indians wouldn't also do it.  Here is an article about some of the tortures used by them.  Including making one victim dig the hole.  And a Daily Mail article about Depp's portrayal of a more compassionate Comanche.  Take that one as you will.

They would tie wet leather around their head and when the sun dried it, it would shrink and then...:o

Also bury them next to ant hills! ;)

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth

In AZ, we have these red ants whose bite is worse than a bee sting! (Ask me how I know). 

About 100+ bites have enough venom(?) to kill a 150 lb man so the victim would die long before being eaten by them.:blink:

well , i needed to learn something new and that link gave it to me - amerindians - whole new term for me , not sure yet if i accept it or can embrace it , it sounds a bit woke to me and that would flush the idea of acceptance , but based on the content it was surrounded by im going to leave myself open on that topic and simply say that was an educational link that lended creed to a lot of what ive read about the little big horn and other such events , 

im not going to pretend it was one sided tho , wounded knee and others were equally bad , enough blame and shame to go round on both sides to last for generations - and it has , 

I've heard the term amerindians for at least 30 years, probably longer. Just a portmanteau of American Indian, to separate them from "Indians" or "Indian Indians" or "East Indians" or "dot Indians" (four different terms I've heard used for people on the Asian sub-continent). It was a used long before woke ever came along.

I'm surprised a British paper use the term though. I thought with the Brits it was either an Indian or a red Indian.

Edited by Alpo