SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Bisley grip frame at Brownell's

OK Dirty Dan

Just got an email that Brownell's has Ruger Bisley grip frames, steel, in the white available for $100.87. If anyone has been on the lookout this would be a good time: https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/handgun-parts/handgun-frames-parts/grip-frame-steel-in-the-white/?sku=780012001

That's about a $9 better price than Midway USA recently also had them for. They don't last long but they don't seem to dry up for as long as they have over the last couple of years.

6 minutes ago, OK Dirty Dan said:

I just not have setup a notification on Midway. I’ve had this one setup at Brownell’s for quite a while now and this is the first time it’s popped up. 

It's a project I've been toying with doing for a couple years on a pair of Ruger plowhandles I have. Cowboy guns are addictive and I'm finding tinkering with cowboy guns can be more addictive. Better have a backup set for when my tinkering goes South. Lol

Clicked the link. Price is $134.49. Don't you have to replace the hammer and trigger to convert a plow handle to a bisley grip?

I like the SBH hammers over the bisley hammer.

1 hour ago, Ranger Dan said:

Clicked the link. Price is $134.49. Don't you have to replace the hammer and trigger to convert a plow handle to a bisley grip?

I like the SBH hammers over the bisley hammer.

The lower price is if you have a business account with them. You should be able to use the SBH hammer and Bisley trigger if you want. My main match Bisleys were short stroked by Shotgun Boogie and he used a SBH style hammer and trigger in them. I like the setup better than I do the Bisley trigger in my others. 

Thanks

Randy

I was at Brownells store today and got the last grip frame. I wanted a pair….but got the last one 

Well I certainly don’t have a business account so ??? I clicked on the link in the email Brownell’s sent me and the $134 price was crossed through and instead the price was $100. Guess I got doubly lucky. 

I prefer Bisleys all around, although I do have a pair which have SBH hammers and triggers and I like them very much as well. Mainly I like the grip size for my larger hands. 

Safe shooting everyone and Merry Christmas!

IE changing to Bisley grip frames, you CAN use SB hammers or stock hammers and stock trigger from a plow handle. You can not use Bisley hammer and trigger on Plow Handles. If you don't use the Bisley hammer/trigger you will have a gap behind the hammer and a gap in front of the trigger. They will work just fine, however. I have several pairs that I built without changing anything. Just change the grip frames and grip panels. You do need 2 Bisley specific screws for the top 2 like Jackson said. I hope that this helps. Good shootin"!

I love my Bisley's, but I am also happy with NMVs and OMVs that I have added Super Blackhawk Hunter grip frames to.  These grip frames are like having 1860 Colt Army length grip frames on your Ruger.  I love being able to get all four fingers on the grip.  MidwayUsa.com has them in stock.  

They can be screwed right on, but I took time to blend in the extra material on the grip frames.  I didn't touch the original pistol parts just incase I wanted to put the original grip frames back on.

Ruger Grip Frame Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter SS (midwayusa.com)

Archived