SASS Wire Forum

Hairdo term needed explained

Alpo

IN THE BOOK

...who wore her obviously chemically assisted blond hair in an upswing...

Trying to find out what "upswing" meant, I found "upswept", which, judging from the pictures, means that the hair is in some kind of a knot or bun, and is held up off the neck and shoulders.

But "upswing". Can't find that.

Anybody know?

It's the use of terminology. ^_^

Snip-it_1700832704720.thumb.jpg.4e1e3f8526c7cbe1586ae22a42a852be.jpg

Large round cylinder curls are mastered upon the model's icy brunette hair. The hair is brought into an upswing off of the collar with lackadaisical ribbon like tendrils that plunge over the thick sections of curls. Everything is thick.

15 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

It's the use of terminology. ^_^

Snip-it_1700832704720.thumb.jpg.4e1e3f8526c7cbe1586ae22a42a852be.jpg

Large round cylinder curls are mastered upon the model's icy brunette hair. The hair is brought into an upswing off of the collar with lackadaisical ribbon like tendrils that plunge over the thick sections of curls. Everything is thick.

Ugly....including he mkeup....like most modern styles.

mine is always cut or uncut , but ive always been baffled by the women's "DOs" , they change so fast its like trying to keep up with their shoes , those often get worn once rgen stored in closet space , m not against a change of shoes for the seasons but there are only four seasons really and i can get by with two now that im older , i get women want to change their hair to stay in style - me ....id like to keep the rest of mine and if it would stay a consistant length id leave it alone ....turned white a long time ago so ill just let that be my natural color ....................NUF SAID 

While I might admire a woman's hair if it looks nice, I regard it like the frame of a picture ... if the central figure isn't worth looking at, neither is the frame.

My wife's hair styles are "That looks nice, dear," before she gets it cut, and "That looks nice, dear," afterward.

I have all the fashion sense of a paving brick.

36 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

While I might admire a woman's hair if it looks nice, I regard it like the frame of a picture ... if the central figure isn't worth looking at, neither is the frame.

My wife's hair styles are "That looks nice, dear," before she gets it cut, and "That looks nice, dear," afterward.

I have all the fashion sense of a paving brick.

The key is, you noticed that she has done something with her hair. ;)

I once went through a 3 day period. During this time I was glared at, snapped at and ignored. I finally said “What the heck is wrong with you?”

”I got my hair done 4 days ago and you never said a word!”

(mistake coming up)

”Oh.” I look at hair “It looks nice.” She stomps and leaves the room. 

Anytime I get a hair cut and what do I get? A Quick Look and “It looks nice”. :lol:

——————————————-

Alpo, No idea so I looked it up. It seems that the word “upswing” is used in many ways and none are definitive. 
I hate the fashion world…inane and stupid.  

…just like Otto 

Archived