SASS Wire Forum

Colt .45 ACP Magazines

Buckshot Bear

35 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I would guess that he's referring to the AMERICA IS NOT GOING TO SEND GUNS OR AMMUNITION OR GUN STUFF TO ANYBODY EXCEPT UKRAINE crap that Brandon came up with.

Australia is exempt from that ban.

No i'm not an expert but in carrying but Colt 1911's in LE for almost 2 decades here are what failed the least for us.

• Wilson Combat
  • Colt factory magazines (they say Colt on the base)
  • Chip McCormick

The handgun was Colt, Kimber or Springfield in .45 ACP.  Since them, it is now all about black plastic and 9mm.  My personal favorite is the Wilson.

My Wilson Combat #800A mags arrived, so I'm checking my bank charge account... I wound up getting double charged.
Sent a note to Wilson who should get it Monday AM.

One has to love automated ordering systems....
Got 4 mags, got charged for 8, on two separate orders.

On 11/12/2023 at 3:51 AM, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

One maker to avoid is Mec-Gar. I know that they make factory magazines for a lot of pistols, but they don't make a good 1911 magazine. I had several some years back, and they ALL cracked at the left "ear", causing failures to feed, and making it very difficult to even remove the magazine from the gun. 

I must be lucky..bought 5 & they function very well...got them from Brownells  in Australia thru a vet mate [ discounted ] of mine at a 'VERY good price delivered to the door.

Archived