SASS Wire Forum

Rossi 92 Tactical Cowboy Lever-Action Rifle BUILD

MuayThaiJJ

Hey guys, thanks for the tips. This build turned out quite nice! I did have some trouble loading both 357 and 38SPL SWC and WC rounds. So I think I will work more on the loading gate tension and the cartridge guides. I read that putting a shim on the right guide will help.

The John Wayne loop isn't any faster than the normal one (the smaller the loop, the less motion is needed to work the action) and I end up beating my knuckles up a LOT on guns with them because they get a running start.

Steve'z Guns has the how to video for the 92.  Steve knows the action well.

"It's accurate. We started shooting at 20 yards and then came closer."

It's a rifle. 20 yards and then came closer? How do you test accuracy with a rifle at 50 feet?

6 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

The John Wayne loop isn't any faster than the normal one (the smaller the loop, the less motion is needed to work the action) and I end up beating my knuckles up a LOT on guns with them because they get a running start.

I'm going to agree wholeheartedly with that. I've got both types.

Rossi92SRC35745Colt.jpg.bae6a88c8eeaf0c3063a7cfef6cf1a78.jpg

The only thing that big loop is good for is spinning the gun. Spinning the gun and playing John Wayne it is perfect. Shooting it? No. I've got four regular loops and that one big loop, and I wish that short rifle there had a regular loop.

Hey, you took the regular loop off yours to put the big one on, so you got a regular loop you got no need for. How about you throw a brother a bone and send it to Florida? :lol:

12 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Def not everyone's cup o tea lol
All good, just having fun with a new toy and helping these companies with their awesome products =)

You're on a site filled with Old West and Western nuts posting about a project where you're tacticooling a Winchester 92 clone.

Not exactly the prime audience for that sort of project.

The good news is we're fairly friendly and are just ribbing you a little for what purists would consider a travesty or sacrilege.

This is a Tactical Winchester 30-30 I built out of one of my extra rifles I had laying around. 

It turned out pretty good and nothing was done that would permanently alter the rifle .

Rooster

20230625_095333.jpg

Archived