SASS Wire Forum

Greybeard has passed.

Buck Garrett

Match Winners at the West End Gun Club March 1988 match were: Rear: 2nd - Great Dane, 1st - Greybeard (and winner of the pistol), 3rd - Paydirt. 

4th - Deaf John (kneeling)

image.jpeg.c8442800a909f650d4ae1bf02f94d5e1.jpeg

Left the Range

Harold Itchkawich died on July 17. He was very active at EF&GA, shooting in several matches and scoring for Trap Shoots. A Celebration of his Life and Military Honors will be held on September 8 at 11:00 am at the North County Veterans Association, 1617 Mission Ave., Oceanside.

Norb Spitzer is organizing a lunch. If anyone is interested in attending, please contact Norb at: nspitzer@sbcglobal.net

• Buck Garrett changed the title to Greybeard has passed.

Sad to hear this!

My condolences to his friends and family.

Aye Gawd, what sad news.  Him and Charlene have often been in my thoughts since I last saw them at Raton, in about 1995.  He organized matches that were held on Camp Pendleton.   Yes, once upon a time you could drive on a military installation, armed to the teeth.  I seem to recall that he also competed in NRA BPCRS.  My thoughts and prayers go out to Charlene.  Harold was also instrumental in the OWSA, supporting the Annual match for them at Raton.  He also is the person who supplied (at a small cost), the targets I got to start our club in TX... Such a big smile and heart to go with it!  He will be missed.  

Harold was a tough old bird! Shot many a long range match with the man. 

He will be missed for all that he was!!

Jasper

Archived