SASS Wire Forum

Kansas State Championship

The Powder Creek Cowboys hosted a quality match (Prince of the Pistoleros) this weekend.  Their rebuilt range was in perfect condition.

IMG_0206.thumb.jpeg.8a1260eed5b7b4a2d4fa9f235ee384bd.jpeg

The covered stages had fans to keep shooters cool,  Stages were straightforward and enjoyable.  There were shuttles to move shooters from a parking area on a clays range to the CAS range.  Door prizes and raffle items were generous.  (Thanks for the bullets, Scarlett.)

IMG_0209.thumb.jpeg.26082b0a07810d029aadf95101df665a.jpeg

Congratulations to the winners including my wife, Doc Barium who won LFC.

IMG_0208.thumb.jpeg.15e363df1121e46bf5f72b4409c29b3c.jpeg

I've had the pleasure of shooting there on several occasions. Sadly nothing recently but they always run an exceptional match. I look forward to returning there someday.

It was indeed a pleasure having you and your wife with us for the event!  Posse 4 really rocked didn't it!!  Thanks for making the trip and the kind words above.  Safe travels and hope to see you again soon!!

Link to scores:

https://powdercreekcowboys.com/event/2023-prince-of-the-pistoleers-and-kansas-state-championship/?

It really was an excellent shoot at an exceptional range with beautiful weather, the stages were well written (thanks Bertie Winchester) and the shoot was very well run by very competent people, the awards were very nice, love the Molly buckles and the conches! the food was excellent and the camaraderie was so very great! Love this range and the cowboy and cowgirls that put it on! If this shoot is not on your list it should be! SCJ

Archived