SASS Wire Forum

Fiocchi Primers

Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L

Went to Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday determined to get a red dot for my Glock 17. I say determined because I have astigmatism and all the ones I've looked at in the past showed a starburst instead of a dot. Thought I'd try the higher end ones as I'd heard their dots were crisper and also green dots were better for astigmatism. For me, all the above is hogwash, even the $550 Trijicon.

Anyway they had lots of powder, including Alliant, which had been scarce, all in the mid/high $30 to $50 per lb. No Unique though. Then I spied a lone pack of Cheddite 209's, don't need those, but also five packs of Fiocchi small pistol. Picked up four packs (limit 2 per customer, but my wife was with me). Noticed they were priced at $8.25 each. A couple of months ago I picked up 4 packs of Federals at $5.50 each. Thought wow, these Fiocchi's must be some of those all X-ring match grade. No, but there were 150 in each pack. So, I got 600 to go with the 400 Federals I picked up, 1,000 small pistol primers for $55

I found the dot "flair" goes away when I take off the normal glasses and wear uncorrected shooting glasses.   GW

I had a post about Fiocchi primers a couple weeks ago. I bought a sleeve of 150 for $14.00. I asked if anyone used them. The results were they’re fine but maybe be a little harder than Federal.

Sportsman's Warehouse doesn't get primers very often and, when they do, they limit to two packs per person. But their prices are half of what anyone else charges. Moral of story, Take a non-reloading friend or two with you

I know not everyone will agree, but as a starburst seeing shooter I think the issue is hugely overrated for EDC.  I went with a 2moa Holosun 507k on my S&W shield and find that if I put the red blob on the part I want the hole in it works pretty well.  

That being said, I find a Eotech on a rifle to be like a night at the planetarium :lol: 

Archived