SASS Wire Forum

.38-55 long brass- StarLine

Pee Wee #15785

Saw a post last week on another site, the Firearms Forum. Fellow said he saw where they were backordered, but as he didn't really need them in a hurry went ahead and ordered. They arrived in a couple of days. Now I don't recall if he specified long brass or not.

4 hours ago, Johnny Knight said:

Out of curiosity, how much of a difference have folks seen in using the longer brass?

I ordered up some regular length when it became available a couple weeks ago, so deciding if I should grab some of the longer length.

Johnny

Not one little bit. Load to your gun with what you can get. What is important is that your brass is all the same length for good consistent crimp and boolit pull.

Plus, your rifle may not like the long brass.

I shoot a Marlin 336 CB in 38-55 and a Wesson Harrington Target Classic in 38-55.  Not only does the Target Classic not like the long brass, it will not release Winchester Brass.  It handles the Starline Brass just fine.  The Marlin will use whatever I can load.

Frontier Lone Rider

Howdy; H and R classic, pinch's Winchester  brass 2.08 so I trim them back to 375 Winchester length 2.020. YEA I know that the chamber could be re-cut to proper length but this is Canada. Bras is easier to deal with. Heard the chamber were factory cut with 375 Winchester tool, or so the roomer  goes.

Archived