SASS Wire Forum

Remote Control Carnage

Chantry

Watch the pieces come off the robot is fun to watch.  The Tombstone battle bot is a lot of fun to watch too

I used to think that wrestling on TV was absolutely stupid, but I think the mentally (or lack, thereof) that produces this kind of entertainment is totally sick.  Is it any wonder that kids arm themselves and go shoot up schools?  As a society we are slowly going to hell!

It’s on DirecTV tonight on channel 278. That’s Discovery. May be other times on the other providers.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Robotics has come a long way in fifty years.  Yeah, battlebots is overhyped.

But it’s sure enough fun to watch!  Mindless violence and nobody gets hurt!! B) :lol:

12 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Robotics has come a long way in fifty years.  Yeah, battlebots is overhyped.

Which is why I watch on Youtube, I skip all the nonsense and just watch the robots fight.  

I'll note that both MIT and Worcester Polytechnic Institute have both sent teams and takes some skill to build one of those robots

18 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

I used to think that wrestling on TV was absolutely stupid, but I think the mentally (or lack, thereof) that produces this kind of entertainment is totally sick.  Is it any wonder that kids arm themselves and go shoot up schools?  As a society we are slowly going to hell!

This is the equivalent of wrestling on TV for nerds.  Doing this sort of levels the playing field.  Kind of what Col. Colt did.

Archived