SASS Wire Forum

PDF Editor

Chief Rick

I occasionally would like to create/edit pdf documents.

I know how to save a word document to a pdf, but I would like to make fillable forms for match applications, club membership forms, etc.  I would also occasionally like to strip a single page or two out of a large pdf document.

Doesn't look like you can get Adobe unless you subscribe to the monthly service, and it's too rich for my blood.

Any reasonably priced software recommendations that are safe and reliable?

I've gotten quite a few PDFs that if I open in Adobe reader (free), I can go to and click where it says  "sign and fill" at the top, then click where you want to type it edits. Don't know if it works with one you create from Word however, never tried. The ones I get that were made as a form, always have the blank highlighted in blue, but others that were meant to fill in with a pen seem to work after clicking sign & fill.

Good luck

16 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I've gotten quite a few PDFs that if I open in Adobe reader (free), I can go to and click where it says  "sign and fill" at the top, then click where you want to type it edits. Don't know if it works with one you create from Word however, never tried. The ones I get that were made as a form, always have the blank highlighted in blue, but others that were meant to fill in with a pen seem to work after clicking sign & fill.

Good luck

I used to be able to do that, but my current version only offers the ability to create a signature.

21 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Search this create fillable pdf forms free many choices.

You're right, a lot of choices.

Are any of them reliable and safe?

Go to cnet.com

Go to downloads look for free pdf editors

Pdf fill is a free pdf writer.

If you don't want to pay Microsoft 

Libreoffice is a free open source office suite as is open office but one is owned by oracle

On my iPhone I can highlight a section of a PDF document, copy it and paste it someplace else, like Notes or an email, and edit it any way I like.  Then I can save it any way I want.  I haven’t tried it on my computer yet, but I bet it would work the same way.

If you want a QUALITY PDF editor that works everytime and doesn't hold your work hostage or subject to their after the fact fees (you don't really believe any of those "free" PDF editors and creators are actually free, do you?).

Soda PDF is what I use for all my companies - reasonable subscription pricing and reliable.

Yes, PDF creation is free with most document creation programs - but the ability to edit and manipulate within the PDF format requires a differing software AND the ability to do so without leaving a watermark telling the world that you have edited the PDF document is rarer still.

Archived