SASS Wire Forum

I wonder if anyone could copy this engraving.

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

This is the first (prototype) Cimarron Thunderer,  (Mike Harvey nicknamed it the "Pimp's Dream").  I have a Thunderer with the same rare Pearlite grip and have plans to duplicate the engraving and then nickle it to make a tribute gun.  Engraver Terry Theis was at Cimarron one day and I showed him this gun.  He was familiar with the engraving style but couldn't recall the name of the guy who does it.  Told me he could do that style on mine.  It's on my bucket list to get it done.

Pimps Dream closeup.jpg

I have had 2 gun frames engraved by Jim Downing aka the gun engraver, his work is outstanding, fast, and very reasonably priced, a great guy to deal with who loves doing cowboy guns, don’t hesitate to send your ideas to him about what you want engraved I’m pretty sure you will be happy with the results 

6 hours ago, Robin Trains SASS 80595 said:

I have not dealt with this artist, but noticed he had a presence at the 2022 Land Run event. Great looking and diverse work!

https://thegunengraver.com/shows/

He's about the best there is.

He is also the President of our SASS club, The Bear Creek Volunteers out of Walnut Shade Mo.

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

He's about the best there is.

He is also the President of our SASS club, The Bear Creek Volunteers out of Walnut Shade Mo.

I've seen Jim Downing engraving at events forever.  I had no idea he was a SASS shooter also.  Something tells me he shoots fancy guns. :)

Archived