SASS Wire Forum

Ed Sieker, Texas Ranger update

Possum Skinner, SASS#60697

Finally had an update on Ed yesterday.  Sadly, I found out he is in an assisted living home in DeRidder, La.  Apparently he had a stroke, but is cogent most of the time and still keeps everyone entertained with his stories.  I don't have a whole lot more details but plan to go see him today.  If anyone wants to visit him they can message me and I will give more info.

Possum

Thanks for update Possum.  Sad to read.  What a wonderful man, great shooter, and posse member.  Yes, Buddy was full of stories, guitar picker/singer, and very good at flint knapping.  As I remember, direct blood kin to Jean Lafitte and if not mistaken in his real name and also relative to actual person of Texas Ranger, Ed Sieker.  Hope some better health to come.

God Bless this man.. 

6 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Dang...

I'll always treasure the 3 days spent on an afternoon after shooting where he taught me a lot about arrowheads...

He's a treasure!

Phantom

Understand that treasure for sure. I travelled to match near Katy one year about 20 ago and asked Ed to stay with me in RV.  While there not only did I hear plenty of stories, he played guitar, and even pulled out his knapping material and commenced to show me how the Indians made things from flint.  He spoke of different types of flint and where to find them.  As it turned out he knew a "knapper" who lived in Red River County and I happened to know him.

Had to SDQ Ed one year at Winter Range and he still placed well  in Top 10 of his category.

15 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Understand that treasure for sure. I travelled to match near Katy one year about 20 ago and asked Ed to stay with me in RV.  While there not only did I hear plenty of stories, he played guitar, and even pulled out his knapping material and commenced to show me how the Indians made things from flint.  He spoke of different types of flint and where to find them.  As it turned out he knew a "knapper" who lived in Red River County and I happened to know him.

Had to SDQ Ed one year at Winter Range and he still placed well  in Top 10 of his category.

Put him and FJT together and we can sit and listen to great stories for the rest of our lives. 

I surely hope that he can get better...

Phantom

Archived