SASS Wire Forum

Free Granulated Charcoal for black powder filler

Buckshot Dobbs

I bought this years ago when I shot lots of holy black to use as a filler based on a pards on here’s recommendation. I don’t shoot black anymore, and I went to using APP so it’s just been sitting around unused for years. It’s totally full and if you pay shipping, it’s yours!

63232D43-6678-4AC9-B2F5-3BBCF1D3C1B7.jpeg

• Buckshot Dobbs changed the title to Free Granulated Charcoal for black powder filler
3 hours ago, Buckshot Dobbs said:

I’m in Arkansas, I would guess $10-15 it’s a pretty large container. Shipping prices are stupid now. 

PM sent.  Thanks!

I just used this for the 1st time this past weekend in lieu of cream of wheat and it worked just fine.

13 minutes ago, July Smith said:

It's against my religion to use fillers, but out of curiosity how does charcoal compare to grits or cream of wheat? 

Seems to me it would sure make fouling worse but I haven't tried it...probably won't

IIRC, Colorado Coffinmaker uses it and likes it. It won't clump like cereal with storage.

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

IIRC, Colorado Coffinmaker uses it and likes it. It won't clump like cereal with storage.

I believe he is who put me on to it, it mixes well and basically, you don’t even know it’s there except for the lighter loads, but I switched to APP long ago 

Archived