SASS Wire Forum

I know he meant well but…..

Utah Bob #35998

For some reason this memory came to me. Carol and I were walking through the airport in Albuquerque about two years ago. A young guy walking past, skinny jeans and man bun, turned and said, “Oh that’s nice”. 
“What is?”, I asked.
He says, “An old couple holding hands. That’s cute”
Fortunately, Carol started holding my hand really tight at that point and he got away clean.  :angry:

UB!!  He obviously forgot that old men don’t get that way by being sissified or stupid!!

Us old ones are usually either damned tough, really crafty, or both!!

I heard one young tough telling another one that in a bar we played in the other night.

After 53 years together every time I held her hand it felt like she was the same young pretty thing I had fallen for.  She's been gone for almost three years now but I still feel her next to me.  This is very hard, even impossible, for young people to understand.  Good memories, Bob.

Last November, for Sharon and mine's 47th Wedding Anniversary, we went to celebrate it in Las Vegas.  While we were in the elevator going up to our room, twice, on two separate occasions and by two separate ladies, we were told, "You are the cutest couple."  :wub:  We thanked them.

We were holding hands.

Now y'all know that I'm "cute."  :P

OGNLQn.jpg

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Last November, for Sharon and mine's 47th Wedding Anniversary, we went to celebrate it in Las Vegas.  While we were in the elevator going up to our room, twice, on two separate occasions and by two separate ladies, we were told, "You are the cutest couple."  :wub:  We thanked them.

We were holding hands.

Now y'all know that I'm "cute."  :P

OGNLQn.jpg

At least you don’t get any young ladies asking if you want to party.

Archived