SASS Wire Forum

Ran Out Of Cups

Subdeacon Joe

During WWII, a 12-ounce draft at the Camp Pendleton beer garden cost only 10 cents compared to 25 cents off base. Marines drank so much discounted beer that Southern California ran out of paper cups. Pendleton had to resort to filling canteens for 15 cents. #SeaStorySaturday

FB_IMG_1650768237366.jpg

As an old Marine I’d love to know how they did that, I started that wonderful life in 1985 sometimes felt like I did all my life, I’m looking forward to meeting y’all making some new pards

God bless you all keep your Bible  and

close and you’re guns closer

westbound Reb

15 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

During WWII, a 12-ounce draft at the Camp Pendleton beer garden cost only 10 cents compared to 25 cents off base. Marines drank so much discounted beer that Southern California ran out of paper cups. Pendleton had to resort to filling canteens for 15 cents. #SeaStorySaturday

FB_IMG_1650768237366.jpg

Are  you absolutely certain that Gov. Newsom's grandfather didn't ban the paper cups to protect landfills, and set an example for little Gavvy's future?

8 hours ago, Westbound Reb said:

As an old Marine I’d love to know how they did that, I started that wonderful life in 1985 sometimes felt like I did all my life, I’m looking forward to meeting y’all making some new pards

God bless you all keep your Bible  and

close and you’re guns closer

westbound Reb

https://sassvets.homestead.com

Archived