SASS Wire Forum

Idea for a special event to be held in October.

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

3 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Most places I've lived, you can't hunt at night.  Fill the day with fun!

The bucks are running around like horny teenagers so I stay in the stand all day. Never know what could happen that time of year. 

We did a zombie shoot one year though them hunted that evening. 

We had a Halloween match each year in October at OPSC in Plainfield, IL.. It was a one day match, grew to a 2 day match and then when back to a one day match. I have not been able to be up there in the past 2 years, so I am not sure if they are still having it.

Most of the targets were pumpkins.

H.K., you would need to define Frankengun.  Does a .44 "Navy" qualify?  Or just weird guns like yours? :)  To make it a bigger match with more people, you could just have all your frankengunners on one posse, maybe?

My avatar is from a Halloween night shoot.  But it's a 1st gen .45, not a Frankengun.

4 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

H.K., you would need to define Frankengun.  Does a .44 "Navy" qualify?  Or just weird guns like yours? :)  To make it a bigger match with more people, you could just have all your frankengunners on one posse, maybe?

My avatar is from a Halloween night shoot.  But it's a 1st gen .45, not a Frankengun.

Ah, yes..

In the broadest sense of the term, a Frankengun would be a gun that is some way changed from the way it started to the way it is now.

Perhaps the "simplest" example I can think of would be putting 1860 grips on an SAA.   A more extreme example would be putting 1911 grips on an SAA.  Don't ask me how that's possible, but maybe it is!  :)

Of course, weird guns like mine would qualify, but over the years I've seen stuff here on the Wire where pards have shown us a whole plethora of strangely customized guns that go way beyond what you would normally expect to see.  I think it would be cool to see these things collected together.  Granted, not everyone HAS such a beast, which is why you give the shoot itself the theme, and just encourage, but not require, people to come up with the weird stuff.

Archived