SASS Wire Forum

New zippo

Chili Ron

Howdy,

I just saw a crossed revolvers zippo lighter.

I thought my alias would look good on the top section.

A lot like the new SASS logo.

They show a number of western and native offerings.

A brass one for Yellowstone with buffalo too.

Best

CR

Lucas Lighters sent me email with new stuff.

1 hour ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I just saw a crossed revolvers zippo lighter.

I thought my alias would look good on the top section.

A lot like the new SASS logo.

They show a number of western and native offerings.

A brass one for Yellowstone with buffalo too.

Best

CR

Lucas Lighters sent me email with new stuff.

here 

81133_540x.jpg

80997_540x.jpg

81144_540x.jpg

when the covid hit i lost my job- in my 70s , not a big deal, so i finally retired for real , my wife - 10 years my younger - decided it might be time to wind down as well , so we began closing down her studio that she ran from home , WE have been cleaning and i found my zippo ......not been use by me in nearly 40 years , the flint is good , and i have a couple replacements that were stored with it , i do not have fluid yet , im going to get that real soon ,

and i will use it to light a cigar real soon , i am so looking forward to having that working again - even tho i will not carry in my pants pocket ....because the fluid irritates my skin - why i quit carrying it for a bic way back when , i have some real fine butane torches these days that i really like using , this old school will go to my gun cart - even if not that vintage - a proper place for it to be used 

Howdy,

The folks at Zippo have an electric insert.

It can be recharged off most any computer.

Very neat.

A charge lasts a long time.

It fits the standard size and shape Zippos.

It doesnt work with some items but just roll up some newspaper and

light it and then light whatever.....

Best

CR

costs around 18 or so.

This is a real Zippo offering not aftermarket junk.

Still have a Zippo, but I don't smoke cigars often enough to keep it filled.  When I was in HS, Zippos (along with switchblades) were the toys of the day, even if you didn't smoke you needed one.  There were all sorts of tricky ways to light them.  Brush open on jeans on the down stroke, light on the upstroke same.  Pop open one handed, light with a snap of the fingers, on the other hand etc.  Think Ringo in the saloon in Tombstone.  One of the cool guys, call him Tommy, apparently had overfilled his lighter.  Sitting in first period class lighter in front pants pocket - the fluid ran out somewhere it shouldn'tand  talk about excitement.  Don't think anyone else "dropped trou" in a classroom.

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

when the covid hit i lost my job- in my 70s , not a big deal, so i finally retired for real , my wife - 10 years my younger - decided it might be time to wind down as well , so we began closing down her studio that she ran from home , WE have been cleaning and i found my zippo ......not been use by me in nearly 40 years , the flint is good , and i have a couple replacements that were stored with it , i do not have fluid yet , im going to get that real soon ,

and i will use it to light a cigar real soon , i am so looking forward to having that working again - even tho i will not carry in my pants pocket ....because the fluid irritates my skin - why i quit carrying it for a bic way back when , i have some real fine butane torches these days that i really like using , this old school will go to my gun cart - even if not that vintage - a proper place for it to be used 

I think you can get butane zippo inserts as well, i always liked a zippo better than a bic.

Execpt at the lake when everything got wet.....

The zippo butane insert works well. Perfect for lighting cigars.

EDDEC407-8944-4ECF-86CD-3A7DC09BB9F6.jpeg

D65AD10B-725A-43D6-8818-92E96BA5CC41.jpeg

Archived