SASS Wire Forum

The Carjacking

Buckshot Bear

The Carjacking

An elderly woman did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags, drew her handgun, and proceeded to scream at them at the top of her voice, "I have a gun and I know how to use it! Get out of the car, you scumbags!"

The four men didn't wait for a second invitation but got out and ran like mad. The woman, somewhat shaken, proceeded to load her shopping bags in the back of the car and get into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried, to no avail.

And then it dawned on her why. A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into her car and drove to the police station.

The sergeant, to whom she told the story, nearly tore himself in two with laughter and pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale males were reporting a carjacking by a mad elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filed.

I was at the grocery store about 3 AM one night (I was the closing manager at a restaurant) and had a drunk on a beer run try to crawl into the passenger seat with me when he mistook my car for his ride.  (In his defense, it was a dark parking lot, the cars were similar makes and both the same color AND were parked in the same place in the aisle but one lane apart).

Fortunately for him, I keep my doors locked.

I was about to start the car when I heard the, 'Thump, Thump!' caused by his trying to open the locked door.  When I looked over, all I saw was a man's torso, so I grabbed the Colt Combat Commander that was stuffed betwixt the seat and the center console.

When he bent down to tell his buddy to open the door, he was nose to nose with my Colt at the distance of a whole 18 inches- just as I snicker the safety off.

I dropped the passenger window an inch or so and told him that I do believe that he had the wrong car.  He- politely- agreed that he was obviously mistaken and- politely- asked if it would be alright with me if he left now.

For the record, he might have been a mite tipsy when he bent over to look into the car, but he looked to be as sober as a teetotaler when he straightened up.

I left a Super WalMart with a cart full of stuff one rainy afternoon. Went to use my SUV remote to open the doors/hatch to load the stuff. Stupid remote wouldn't work so I just used the key to open the door and pushed the button to unlock the rest of the doors. It took me a second to realize that the interior was different and that this wasn't my truck. I locked it back up and was closing the door when the real owner yelled "HEY" and started walking toward me at a brisk pace. While he was still a "can't get into a fight at this distance", I loudly said "I thought it was my truck and opened the door with my key". He eased up on the pace somewhat as I told him that I didn't want trouble. He got to his truck and I told him what had happened and proceeded to unlock his truck with my key. I spotted my truck in the next row over. While he was watching, I hit the panic button and the alarm on my truck went off. I said "See, I told you I had the same truck". What are the chances that my key would unlock someone else's lock? Oh well, it ended without a problem. Still would have liked to see if his key would have unlocked my truck.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

I left a Super WalMart with a cart full of stuff one rainy afternoon. Went to use my SUV remote to open the doors/hatch to load the stuff. Stupid remote wouldn't work so I just used the key to open the door and pushed the button to unlock the rest of the doors. It took me a second to realize that the interior was different and that this wasn't my truck. I locked it back up and was closing the door when the real owner yelled "HEY" and started walking toward me at a brisk pace. While he was still a "can't get into a fight at this distance", I loudly said "I thought it was my truck and opened the door with my key". He eased up on the pace somewhat as I told him that I didn't want trouble. He got to his truck and I told him what had happened and proceeded to unlock his truck with my key. I spotted my truck in the next row over. While he was watching, I hit the panic button and the alarm on my truck went off. I said "See, I told you I had the same truck". What are the chances that my key would unlock someone else's lock? Oh well, it ended without a problem. Still would have liked to see if his key would have unlocked my truck.

It would have. There are only so many tumbler combinations possible on locks. Auto manufactures try to send vehicles with the same locks to widely separated areas of the country. But they often fail, or people move.

Archived