SASS Wire Forum

M1a and the Clinton gun ban question

Trigger Mike

You recall correctly. The flash suppressor has the bayonet lug attached to it. So they removed the lug from the flash suppressor. Since the ban is no longer in effect, if you have a gun made during those 10 years, you can replace the flash suppressor that came on it with a normal suppressor, and have your bayonet lug back.

30 minutes ago, Alpo said:

You recall correctly. The flash suppressor has the bayonet lug attached to it. So they removed the lug from the flash suppressor. Since the ban is no longer in effect, if you have a gun made during those 10 years, you can replace the flash suppressor that came on it with a normal suppressor, and have your bayonet lug back.

That depends on the state you live in. Some have restrictions not just on tha Bayonet lug but also on the flash hider and some have restrictions on the end of the barrel being threaded to accept anything to be screwed to it.

you're free to shop how you like, but i doubt there'll be a new federal ban. 

Many of the Socom models were made with a muzzle brake, fyi.

13 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

That depends on the state you live in. Some have restrictions not just on tha Bayonet lug but also on the flash hider and some have restrictions on the end of the barrel being threaded to accept anything to be screwed to it.

My Colt Match Target was purchased during the AWB. The threads were milled off the end of the barrel. I bought a flash suppressor that also had the threads milked out and attached it with two set screws. Have not had a need for a bayonet lug yet.

23 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I doubt anyone has used the bayonet lug in some time.

Yep, midnight bayonettings stopped immediately after the AWB! LOLOL

Archived