SASS Wire Forum

Extended Texas Grips on USFA'S

MBFields

Had Henry make extended grips for my USFA'S. They turned out absolutely beautiful. They are about 3/8" longer than the frame. Full hand fits very nice on grip.

TG1.jpg

TG2.jpg

I have a pair on my Ruger 44 special flattop. Really like them. The fit is very good, not perfect,  but great considering they aren't  fitted to a specific gun. How is the fit on your USFA guns? Did you do any additional fitting yourself? I have a rodeo and the factory grips fit perfectly.

These fit perfect. I sent him my factory grips and measurements from my back straps. 

2 hours ago, MBFields said:

These fit perfect. I sent him my factory grips and measurements from my back straps. 

Ok. From what I understand Ruger grip frames are more consistent and allow a one size fits pretty close without hand fitting vs Colt or Colt clones. That makes sense that sending your own fitted grips would allow them to get the fit right for Colt/USFA etc. I might have to talk to them.

Did you talk to someone there or do they have these instructions on their website when ordering grips for USFA? Thanks.

Just talk to Henry. Either email or phone. Super nice gentleman. When he did mine he did a test grip and sent it back to me to see if fit, in case he needed to alter it. Very thorough

Usfa usa guns one grip fits all SAA. They are very precise. He had never done USFA before mine so now he has all the dimensions.

Henry is a very nice guy!  He is going to come shoot a stage or 2 next month. 

he came to our annual last week, set up a table and showed his wares. His grips are 2nd to none. 

Henry is a fine gentleman and a great craftsman. He made me some beautiful extended plow handle grips for some OM Vaqueros out of mesquite wood. They fit perfectly. 

Archived