SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Looking for an 1887 With Drop Two

Rube Burrows

Possibly looking to pick up a 1887 with action work and drop two conversion done. Interested in original or clone. Please let me know whats available. 

Thanks, 

Rube

Rube Burrows; One for sale  $1200.00  all ready to go. Cowboy has it for sale at BorderTown shoot next week. It's om the wire.\

His name Rillito Red

6 hours ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Rube Burrows; One for sale  $1200.00  all ready to go. Cowboy has it for sale at BorderTown shoot next week. It's om the wire.\

His name Rillito Red

I won't be at BorderTown next week unfortunately and don't know anyone from South Louisiana going as of now. I sent the seller a message though. Thanks. 

36 minutes ago, Rube Burrows said:

I won't be at BorderTown next week unfortunately and don't know anyone from South Louisiana going as of now. I sent the seller a message though. Thanks. 

If that falls through I have one I just got back from lassiter.  It was nib when I sent it to him.  I've only shot 20 rounds through it. 

34 minutes ago, High Country Drifter said:

Ii have an original  Winchester 1887 in 12 ga. I'll sell for $3500.

Outside my budget for now thanks. 

26 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

It will also have a shorter chamber 

OLG 

I have two originals. I just don’t want to cut either barrels or do any other mods to them. 

There are at least two different "drop two" mods available. 

Early Coyote Cap mod allows the two drop AND use of the mag tube. My Norinco (?) is set up this way and I love it although it is not as fast as the mod that I've seen on Chiappa '87s

I believe the Chinese guns and Italian '87s can both can be set up either way. Just be aware of the difference and nuance involved with loading and know what you want before you buy.

Archived