SASS Wire Forum

anyone heard of this before?

Alpo

I just placed the order for some flea meds for Worthless.

Worthless.jpg.2fa86994420a30cec243bb121c9a3b57.jpg

I noticed on the shipping it said:

Standard air mail (with $1 for covid-19)

With $1 for covid-19?

What the heck is that about?

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

With $1 for covid-19?

The latest in BS fees for doing their flippin’ job. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The latest in BS fees for doing their flippin’ job. 

I remember when ATMs first came out and the banks were touting reduced fees because of the new automated systems...today, I can't pay a dang water bill or electric bill without paying a processing fee...

5 hours ago, Alpo said:

With $1 for covid-19?

I guess special handling fees to pay for gloves and hand sanitizer?? :blink:

6 hours ago, Amigo said:

I remember when ATMs first came out and the banks were touting reduced fees because of the new automated systems...today, I can't pay a dang water bill or electric bill without paying a processing fee...

I remember those. I also remember going into my bank and giving the manager a dressing down in an impromptu “time study” on how much time and effort “we” are saving him by using his “fast and efficient convenience.”

Apparently I was not the only one as First Interstate banks dropped ATM fees not long after. 

A coworker told me he saw these “service charges” on two restaurant receipts lately. The restaurants did not have signs up saying they were adding fees. The fees just appeared on the bill at the end of the meal. 
I will not pay a “surcharge” if I don’t know about it ahead of time. 
Waste enough time for management and charges will go away. 

Found an article about this. 

https://www.today.com/food/what-covid-19-surcharge-why-some-restaurants-are-adding-extra-t181450

MY MESSAGE TO RESTAURANTS:

Hey restaurant owners. Screw you! You have a financial impact? Raise your Damn prices! You want to play sneaky little games? Screw you! We all ate at home during the pandemic. We can do so now! 

35 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Found an article about this. 

https://www.today.com/food/what-covid-19-surcharge-why-some-restaurants-are-adding-extra-t181450

MY MESSAGE TO RESTAURANTS:

Hey restaurant owners. Screw you! You have a financial impact? Raise your Damn prices! You want to play sneaky little games? Screw you! We all ate at home during the pandemic. We can do so now! 

Don't forget that businesses had the opportunity to get "forgivable" loans that they didn't have to pay back. Normal, everyday John Q. Citizen didn't. Yes, some businesses had it hard....so did the "live from mouth to hand" folks and there's a lot more of them them that still are hurting an may never recover. 

Hidden charges that you don't know about until you receive the bill piss me off to no end. I hate being nickel and dimed everywhere you turn. This whole Covid cover story has gotten real old. It's used as an excuse for everything these days regardless of actual cause. If a business wants to charge me a "Covid" surcharge, they better have it stated clearly before the sale or they can kiss my a$$....I won't pay it.

Another way to gouge us in the name of the pandemic. Some restaurants are doing it (don't blame them as much as other places.) A few weeks ago we went to a graduation in Ft. Worth. DW booked a hotel for the night, when she pushed the button it came up with a $60 "relief fee" that wasn't mentioned until she actually booked it. She cancelled it PDQ and we drove back after the commencement.

JHC

8 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Another way to gouge us in the name of the pandemic. Some restaurants are doing it (don't blame them as much as other places.) A few weeks ago we went to a graduation in Ft. Worth. DW booked a hotel for the night, when she pushed the button it came up with a $60 "relief fee" that wasn't mentioned until she actually booked it. She cancelled it PDQ and we drove back after the commencement.

JHC

I've seen some of this with the hotels...I have also experienced that "due to COVID," they don't clean the room until the end of your stay. Sounds like that should be a discount...

Archived