SASS Wire Forum

Hurricane-destroyed cowboy town on the rebound!

Hellbender

Howdy Folks,

We're on our way back!  Here's a few photos showing some of the progress we've made so far.  We've still got a tremendous amount to do to have a town again.  Our thanks go out to everyone who donated to help us recover, whether by making monetary donations, or by donating items for us to sell or raffle, or by purchasing items we've been selling, or by buying raffle tickets we've been selling (first for the Yul Lose gun cart, then for the still-current Bladesmith skinner knife/saddle bag and other items (drawing in about 3 weeks), and just wait until y'all see what's coming next - you won't believe your eyes!).  Thank you pards, many times over.

Hellbender

CEMETERY STAGE AFTER THE HURRICANE 

IMG_8314.thumb.jpeg.561b04e44c86d8d62fd516f8b92fbe16.jpeg                                                         

CEMETERY STAGE DURING WORK PARTY 1/23/2021

IMG_1329.thumb.jpeg.1c40f38349d0f9473cf5e9a063cfb8c2.jpeg

CHAPEL (for pistol targets) AT CEMETERY STAGE AFTER THE HURRICANE

IMG_8316.thumb.jpeg.8961178869c35dd47b7fa852993be7a8.jpeg

CHAPEL AT CEMETERY STAGE 1/23/2021

IMG_1187.thumb.jpeg.57cbe817f75aeb380fb07510de9b05d5.jpeg

FIVE OF OUR STAGES AFTER THE HURRICANE

IMG_8294.thumb.jpeg.820e0fdb2354eb09d46eccff844422d3.jpeg

SAME FIVE STAGES 1/23/2021 AFTER LAST OF THE DEBRIS WAS REMOVED AND CEMETERY PARTIALLY REBUILT

141737122_10220593417319468_228332467353849402_n.jpeg.e7c6bff3d7c53892fde497a25ff09a41.jpeg   

I have met many folks, from Louisiana, over the years. I even dated a girl from Logansport, in my younger days. My hometown, was only one county away from the border. I will say this...the idea of "quit", or "defeat", just isn't in their vocabulary. I am not at all surprised at them rebuilding. I would be surprised if they didn't. 

Great neighbors, great friends, great culture, and history...not to mention the great food. 

Now if they could just pronounce Natchitoches, correctly!!! (he-he). Hey...I can say that, since I am from Nacogdoches. 

W.K. 

Wow Hellbender I don't think I've seen any photo's from before or after that didn't have water laying around, is it always wet in your area or just been a lot of rain..good luck & best wishes with the rebuild.

3 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Wow Hellbender I don't think I've seen any photo's from before or after that didn't have water laying around, is it always wet in your area or just been a lot of rain..good luck & best wishes with the rebuild.

Thanks Painted Mohawk!

We do get a lot of rain but no, its not always wet here.  We sometimes go through weeks without any rain, and it was bone dry out there for at least a week until just the day before this work party.  We dodged a bullet on this one.

Hellbender, looks like ya'll are making good progress on the rebuilding of the range.  Keep up the good work.

Kajun

I am so glad to hear this. It is such an honor and privilege to live in this Great County or ours. May this Country always stand.

It was an honor for me to be a 1st responder and come to your beautiful State. I recently received this pin and was so honored.

001.JPG

Archived