SASS Wire Forum

32 cal rimfire

gunrunner joe #17093

Let’s see it! 

There are numerous configurations of 32 rim fire ammo. Pictures may help identify what you have. I recommend a book titled Cartridges of the World. Great info.

once you know what you have, check out gunbroker.com for the collectible or antique ammo section   You can see asking price and check the selling price on completed auctions too 

Also good info. and ammo can be found here...

cartridgecollectors.org

sportingcollectibles.com

rtgammo.com

I do not have a .32 rimfire, but when I do find one that I can't live without I will be able to try it out because I do pick up the ammo when I see it at auctions and such. Plus the boxes from back in the day are just plain cool.

Wild Willie , You have great luck.

32 Long or Short cartridges depend on their age - $3 to $5 a round and add the condition of the box

Look on Gun Broker -there are plenty of different manufacturer brands for sale

I have 2 full boxes of UMC with about 80% box conditions and if was to sell a box - $250

* I started out with the kit from France - the cast bullets should have gone back in the pot and not enough cases for a full box

* Then found the original Ideal mold for the 32RF and cast my own

* Then got in touch with Jeff Roberson at RCC - sent him a couple of the rim cut cases and asked him to modify his CNC software from 32 CF brass. 

* Three months later, said he was done and I bought 50 rim fire cases 

* Use a 6mm Flobert primer in the case

He now has all the rim fire caliber brass in stock.  He did cut 20% off my order for giving him the idea for rim fires :D

Archived