SASS Wire Forum

Good customer service

Sgt. Hochbauer, SASS #64409

Good to hear. 

We were talking to the owner of a very active gunshop last week.  The conversation started with Ruger taking over Marlin.  He took it as a positive situation - one point being good customer service.

He went on to list companies with great customer service and those with the worst.  One on the great side was the Browning/Winchester service center in Arnold,  Missouri.  Another, I'm thinking was High Point.  He said he sent one back for a customer,  they fixed it in good turn around time and included a free magazine for their trouble. 

One of the worst was Taurus. He spoke of three examples.  One was to be a revolver with 2" barrel.  But it had a 6" barrel cut part way through at 2". He sent it back and they had it for months. Then he got one in with no serial numbers!  The box had numbers but none on the gun. He called them and they said they needed that gun back.  He told them he'd ship it back when he got the one with the cut barrel back.  Then he got one in that was finished on one side but not the other. 

14 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Good to hear. 

We were talking to the owner of a very active gunshop last week.  The conversation started with Ruger taking over Marlin.  He took it as a positive situation - one point being good customer service.

He went on to list companies with great customer service and those with the worst.  One on the great side was the Browning/Winchester service center in Arnold,  Missouri.  Another, I'm thinking was High Point.  He said he sent one back for a customer,  they fixed it in good turn around time and included a free magazine for their trouble. 

One of the worst was Taurus. He spoke of three examples.  One was to be a revolver with 2" barrel.  But it had a 6" barrel cut part way through at 2". He sent it back and they had it for months. Then he got one in with no serial numbers!  The box had numbers but none on the gun. He called them and they said they needed that gun back.  He told them he'd ship it back when he got the one with the cut barrel back.  Then he got one in that was finished on one side but not the other. 

I’ve heard bad things about Taurus customer service from many people. One local shop has stopped selling them because of it . 

I ordered an 1886, imported by Cimarron, a while back. It was made by Chiappa. I presume they still are.

Anyway, I picked up the box, at the ffl dealer, and the box was pristine, so I did not bother to open it, and check the rifle out, before I signed the papers..

Dumb mistake on my part.

I opened it, when I got home, and there was a major crack in the butt-stock, starting at the metal butt plate, going forward.

It was easy to see that when they installed the single wood screw, at the factory, to attach the butt-stock, it split the wood.

I called Cimarron, since the dealer that I bought it from would not do anything about it. Obviously they did not check it, before they shipped it to me.

Anyway, Cimarron referred me to the Chiappa representative. I told Chiappa what had happened. They offered to send a new stock, free, or I could ship it to them, and they would install it for free. I chose to have them send me a new butt-stock, and I would take off the old cracked one, and install the new one.

In three days, I had a new butt-stock, with a new metal butt-plate installed on it...no cracks this time.

I compliment Cimarron, and Chiappa, on a very positive experience for me.

W.K.

2 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

...It was easy to see that when they installed the single wood screw, at the factory, to attach the butt-stock, it split the wood.

I called Cimarron, since the dealer that I bought it from would not do anything about it. Obviously they did not check it, before they shipped it to me....

I guarantee you that every gun is removed from box and wrapper and visually inspected.  Stocks getting damaged from shipping is extremely common.  But I"m glad you got taken care of.  

Archived