SASS Wire Forum

Shipping Loaded Ammo

J.C. Bell, SASS #15217

Can I be directed to a place that lists the rules, regulations and laws that prescribe how an individual can ship loaded metallic cartridges to another individual? 

Is a distinction made between shipping cartridges loaded with black powder and those loaded with smokeless powder?

Cordially,

J.C. Bell, SASS #15217

If you  choose to ship UPS, print the page with their requirements to take with you & use a UPS main center to ship from. The mom & pop UPS centers usually don't  may not know their own ORM-D rules.

4 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Be aware that black powder is not treated the same as smokeless and is considered an explosive.

Not in small arms use. 

That's why real BP can be delivered to your residence.

OLG 

On 3/3/2020 at 5:12 PM, Yusta B. said:

If you  choose to ship UPS, print the page with their requirements to take with you & use a UPS main center to ship from. The mom & pop UPS centers usually don't  may not know their own ORM-D rules.

I ship ammo as a part of my business. You may give it to a driver or take to a Hub. UPS Stores will NOT take any ORM-D shipments even though the UPS label says drop off at store. 

Big hugs!

Scarlett

PS the ORM-D labels have to be on THREE sides of the package. You can print them off Google and tape to box. UPS won’t have them for you...ask me how I know! B)

Archived