SASS Wire Forum

I'm no longer looking through Rose Colored Glasses

You see...I'm one of those who is very hard on eye wear. :angry:

My glasses get beat up, scratched and live a hard life.

I wear the same pair to my job as I do when working outside in the yard or on projects.

I always have a second pair for when the first get to the point they no longer can tolerate the torture and die. :(

I've been on my back-up pair for over a year now and recently had my vision checked (got a good health report card :)) and was handed a new prescription with few upgrades.

Went to use my Vision insurance, which was a waste of money, and instead ordered two new pair of glasses from GlassesUSA :wub:.

They arrived yesterday, and upon taking my old glasses off and putting on the new glasses......

WOW...everything was sharp looking and clear and.....B)

and then I looked at my arms and face and cried. 

I had gotten old during the last year of wearing my cloudy, scratched and beat up old glasses...and didn't even know it. :blink:

I had a pair of rose colored sunglasses for awhile. They could never get the tint right. Everybody looked like they were sunburned. Got my next ones from a different optometry shop that actually managed to make them neutral gray. First place tried to convince me several times they were neutral gray. Hard to fool a life long photographer..

JHC

Yeah, years ago I looked in the mirror & saw my Mama.

At this point, I wonder who that old fat gal in the mirror is.

49 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Send it out for cleaning and a dye job, that will help...

Texas Lizard

It’s still attached. :P

Archived